110 Gift

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

110 Gift

Post by geocash »

This 110 belonged to my father. He's long gone & so is the sheath. I'm not a big fan of the thing because I've got a few straight knives that I really like & if I'm putting something on my belt it will be one of them. However, this looks & feels like a fine folder plus it has sentimental value.
first variation fourth version 110.jpg
A friend who is a little older that I am, was trying to simplify his life & get rid of some things he didn't really feel too attached to. Knowing I like knives, he gave me a little box with several knives, some broken, some rusted shut, & some that looked interesting. But, there was a leather case for a 110 in perfect condition. Saved me from buying or making one.
110 sheath.jpg
But it was much better than that. In the sheath was a 2012 110. It had some tarnish but after a light polishing it looks almost new. It's very sharp & apparently has the original edge.
2012 110.jpg
How good a friend is that?
geocash
Steve Warden

Re: 110 Gift

Post by Steve Warden »

Dad's knife, perfect sheath, great friends.
Sounds like you win all the way 'round!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Winner winner chicken dinner! That’s awesome all the way around.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Got you some fine knives and a finer friend. Welcome to the club! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Cool ! I'm going to challenge you to carry that 110 on your belt for a month and then reevaluate how you feel about it. (They tend to grow on you)

Having your dads knife is something special. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
eveled

Post by eveled »

There has been a110 on my belt everyday for over 30 years. I try to carry sheath knives more now but they always get in the way. The 110 is never in my way.

A beautiful heirloom knife from your dad and a good generous friend. You are a rich man.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:35 am Winner winner chicken dinner! That’s awesome all the way around.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”