New Buck Talon 808 for 2020

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

New Buck Talon 808 for 2020

Post by KLJ77 »

So, some of you Buck fans who do a lot of camping, outdoorsy stuff or hiking might be interested in this new Buck Talon coming out soon. There is a photo at BladeHQ, but not available yet. Not a bad price, considering the first Talons that came out ran an expensive $400.00. I had the first original blue handle Talon (2018 model) gifted to me by my brother...yeah, he's a GREAT Bro. ::tu:: Another Talon that came out was specifically sold to active military/law enforcement.

The new 2020 design is a bit different, but is still made with the sturdy / strong 5160 steel. These do not have the sharpened 'limb trimming' curved blade on the top front, but still has the saw teeth and the six inch serrated edge with G-10 handle and Buck Cerakote. They come in black or tan. Again, the price being offered at BHQ is pretty good, if one were wanting to get one of these beast's for hard-core work. This knife is actually built to baton with, with just over 1/4" thickness.

No, I am not getting a kickback from Buck by presenting this review. I'm just putting it out there to see if others may want to comment on it or to get different perspectives. This is not a 'tool' for everyone, but I'll tend to bet they sell out in no time at all.

What do think about this 'civilian' version? (I say 'civilian' version, because the first two were limited to special status, as stated above.)

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Buck-Talo ... 10--106699
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
XX Case XX

Re: New Buck Talon 808 for 2020

Post by XX Case XX »

Looks like a heavy-duty tool. That would be very useful for hunters and outdoorsman alike. Even normal people living "off-the-grid" could definitely benefit from that. Too bad I don't need one but if I did, I'd jump on that in a NY minute.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Buck Talon 808 for 2020

Post by jerryd6818 »

Buck Talon.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”