January Buck of the Month

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

January Buck of the Month

Post by KLJ77 »

For the Spitfire fans...Buck has released the January 2021 Buck of the Month knife. $155.00...only 500 made.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/janu ... 21+January
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
cody6268

Re: January Buck of the Month

Post by cody6268 »

Looks great! But, from a user perspective, I kinda like the Copper and Clad S30V version myself. 154CM is a great steel, but I prefer the toughness of S30V. And, it's less than half the price.

I really need to finally getting around to ordering a G-10/S35VN version through the custom shop; which is still really reasonable for an S30V folder at $90 as I have mine laid out. I really love the basic 420HC/silver aluminum with green backspacer version I have. G-10 is gripper, better when cold; and I'm really a big fan of CPM-S35VN (and Buck's 420HC). Buck really has a good recipe with the Spitfire. Have inexpensive variants for general retail sale, but also variants with better handle material and steel for those with more discerning taste.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks Cody for your input / insight. ::handshake:: I looked at C&C, but didn't see a 'copper' 722 with S30V. I did see the brown, which almost looks copperish. The BOTM is solid copper and is a limited 'custom build'...which of course, hikes the price up.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

KLJ77 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:21 pm Thanks Cody for your input / insight. ::handshake:: I looked at C&C, but didn't see a 'copper' 722 with S30V. I did see the brown, which almost looks copperish. The BOTM is solid copper and is a limited 'custom build'...which of course, hikes the price up.
Well, that explains it then. I had originally thought the copper handles were just some type of Cerakote finish. And given the cost of copper these days....

The C&C versions are red and blue Cerakote aluminum.

Blue:

https://copperandclad.com/product/buck- ... -722blssh/

Red:

https://copperandclad.com/product/buck- ... -722rdssh/
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

That's a beautiful release for this month and Buck rarely ever uses copper. If I didn't already own two Spitfire's I'd probably grab one up.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”