Four Small Lock Backs

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
kootenay joe

Four Small Lock Backs

Post by kootenay joe »

I have 4 small Buck lock back knives: 826, 525, no pattern #, eagle on handle, and 825.
Are these knives sought after by Buck collectors ? Or, are they very low value knives ?
kj
Attachments
IMGP0684.JPG
IMGP0685.JPG
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Four Small Lock Backs

Post by garddogg56 »

Nice lb's especially the lady Liberty ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Them a nice set of Bucks Roland. ::tu::

But you know how the market is for these kind of knives. You have to be in the right place, at the right time. Hopefully someone else who collects them, will give you an appraisal, because I've haven't a clue to what they are exactly worth... Ebay would be the best place to value them against, I'll go take me a looksee in a minute here.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Yea, thought as much.
Just a quick search turned up many of 'em, they each run anywhere from $10, up to $45-$50, depending on the buyer/listing. So to be perfectly fair with yours kj, I would give them a bottom value of $20 each, go from there.
Hope this helps mate, they are good looking knives.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Willy. I have owned these for over 10 years and i bought them because i think they are attractive and small enough to ride in a pocket unnoticed. Forgotten what i paid but i think they were a little more expensive back then.
With the ebay prices you quote it would seem that most Buck collectors are not that interested in these smaller lock backs.
I don't have a need for them anymore so i think i will group them with a few other Bucks and post them For Sale with a low 'happy buyer' price.
kj

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”