Replacement scales for Buck Ranger 112

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Legend

Replacement scales for Buck Ranger 112

Post by Legend »

Hello All ,
I am a collector of folding pocket knives and have a Buck Ranger 112 that I have removed the original scalesfrom with the intention of replacing them with something a bit more quality , buffalo horn , bone or whatever . I would like to know is there any source in the UK where i can buy replacement scales or indeed any forum member who actually has the skills to do this who lives in the UK.
Thanks
Azretired

Re: Replacement scales for Buck Ranger 112

Post by Azretired »

Can't help you but don't you think you might have asked these questions before you took the knife apart?
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Check with Muskrat Man here on AAPK (he has a store and usually has a variety of scale material for sale). Good luck in your search. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
eveled

Post by eveled »

I thought you had some nice burl wood you were going to use? I guess it didn’t go so well? Good luck on your quest.
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Legend wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:51 pm Hello All ,
I am a collector of folding pocket knives and have a Buck Ranger 112 that I have removed the original scalesfrom with the intention of replacing them with something a bit more quality , buffalo horn , bone or whatever . I would like to know is there any source in the UK where i can buy replacement scales or indeed any forum member who actually has the skills to do this who lives in the UK.
Thanks
Sheffield Cutlery mate ::tu::
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”