Buck 127

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Modern Slip Joints

Buck 127

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I just bought a Buck that I was not aware existed for $20 at a swap meet. It's a fish fillet knife with a 8 7/8" blade and a reddish brown one piece rubber handle. It has a pouch type plastic lined leather sheath that is the same reddish brown. The tang stamp is three lines: BUCK / 127 / USA. I presume no date code makes it pre-1986 or made by another company like Camillus. When were 127s made and are they uncommon?
bertl

Re: Buck 127

Post by bertl »

Modern Slip Joints wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:05 am I just bought a Buck that I was not aware existed for $20 at a swap meet. It's a fish fillet knife with a 8 7/8" blade and a reddish brown one piece rubber handle. It has a pouch type plastic lined leather sheath that is the same reddish brown. The tang stamp is three lines: BUCK / 127 / USA. I presume no date code makes it pre-1986 or made by another company like Camillus. When were 127s made and are they uncommon?
Starting in the mid-1980s, Buck had a series of three different filet knives. The 127 Oceanmate (1984-1999) was the largest. The other knives in the series were the 123 Lakemate and the 125 Streammate. The smallest, the 125, is just right for the fish I catch.They still show up for sale at moderate prices.

Bert
Modern Slip Joints

Re: Buck 127

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

That was answered fast. Thank-you.

It's been a long time since I cleaned any fish other than salmon so the Oceanmate is the best size for me. I usually don't fillet them but maybe next fall I'll fillet a couple just to use my new Buck as it was intended. The Streammate must also have potential as a kitchen parry knife.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”