A case for my 112's

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A case for my 112's

Post by Railsplitter »

I'm starting a collection of 112 Rangers and I wanted to keep them all in one place. I found this Pelican case with Nalpack foam inserts for vertical storage of my 112's. Both the case and the foam are of very high quality.

The case itself is just a standard Pelican model 1300 that could be used for a variety of storage solutions. It's the Nalpack inserts that make it great for knives. Particularly larger knives.

I currently only have 7 112's with 2 more in transit and 1 at Buck awaiting the Spa treatment. I'll probably need another case eventually but for now, I'm glad I stumbled upon this. It's just what I was looking for.
Attachments
Pelican.jpg
Pelican Box.jpg
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
rea1eye

Re: A case for my 112's

Post by rea1eye »

Looks like a well made USA product.

Bob
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Excellent choice Rick!!! Pelican has a stellar reputation for making cases that are just about indestructible. I like the yellow background inside the cut outs. Also, if you travel with it, it can be pad locked on both ends. That case will last virtually forever. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

rea1eye wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:43 pm Looks like a well made USA product.

Bob
XX Case XX wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:05 pm Excellent choice Rick!!! Pelican has a stellar reputation for making cases that are just about indestructible. I like the yellow background inside the cut outs. Also, if you travel with it, it can be pad locked on both ends. That case will last virtually forever. ::nod::

Thanks guys. This was one package that I didn't care how much it got tossed around in transit because I knew the case could handle it. I'm just glad it didn't get stolen because it shipped in the pictured box with no over wrap.

I like this Nalpack foam much better than the "Pick N Pluck" foam that comes standard with these cases. It's much better quality and looks a lot better too. I chose Yellow but there are four or five color choices for this 21-knife insert.
Rick T.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Very nice Rick,I'm worried the foam would capture moisture ::shrug::
Just a thought ::hmm::
I just read about the purge system,hope it works ,put good coats of wax on them Rangers.
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

garddogg56 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:23 pm Very nice Rick,I'm worried the foam would capture moisture ::shrug::
Just a thought ::hmm::
I just read about the purge system,hope it works ,put good coats of wax on them Rangers.
Good advice. Thank you for that.

I'm currently using a Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) plug inside the case but the wax is a great idea. I have a jar of Rennaissance Wax on hand. I keep the plug saturated with VCI oil and it fits snugly inside one of the slots.

VCI puts off a vapor that blocks the chemical reaction that causes corrosion. My hope is that even if some moisture does get trapped in there, the VCI will keep it from causing any damage.

The wax would be one more layer of protection just in case. I'll do that when I can find the time. My 112 collection has grown to a count of 15 since I last posted in this thread so I've got some work to do.
IMG_2939.JPG
I'm not real fond of this poorly lit picture but it's the only group shot that I have.
IMG_6400.JPG
Rick T.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I am familiar with the VCI systems as we use these in electrical system on war ships at BIW,it protects all the electronics.
I just worry where the knives are in contact with the foam ::nod::
Very nice collection,especially the Turcoice SP?
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

garddogg56 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:57 pm I am familiar with the VCI systems as we use these in electrical system on war ships at BIW,it protects all the electronics.
I just worry where the knives are in contact with the foam ::nod::
Very nice collection,especially the Turcoice SP?
Good point about the knives contacting the foam.

The knife you mentioned came with a walnut presentation stand that David also made but I'm not currently using it.
Attachments
IMG_6278.JPG
Rick T.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

BEAUTIFUL
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

WoW Rick!! 😋😙😋
John 💥