Schrade 881

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
wv trapper

Schrade 881

Post by wv trapper »

I have a Schrade 881 stockman that belonged to my Pop, the main blade is worn and has no snap, the main blade has the match striker long nail nick. I have several Old Timer 80T knives for parts, will the 80T blade work in the 881? They look very similar, thanks for your help.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
ea42

Re: Schrade 881

Post by ea42 »

It all depends on whether they both have the same construction. The 8OT is likely Swinden construction. I think those blades have a larger tang hole than through pin construction (not positive on that though). 881's were made both ways. If the hole is larger in the 8OT blade you can just enlarge the bolster hole to fit. Try to get that hole as close to the size of the pin as possible. If you have no snap you've probably got a worn spring as well so that will have to be replaced along with the blade, or you could try bending the spring a bit.

Eric
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I have not tried swapping blades on these specific models, but it may work. Several Schrade knives have interchangeable blades, but several do not. To know, you would have to remove the blades and verify the shape, thickness, and size of the tangs. The thickness of the tangs are super important.
If they do not work, there are many US-made Schrade blades still available at Discountcutlery.com.
I looked and did not see any marked "8OT", but there are several to choose from that might fit. With prices between $0.88 to $1.74 each, you can afford to order several blades to try out.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I realize this thread is a couple weeks old, but is you still need the 881 blade, I think I have a used one with the matchstriker pull. It isn't perfect, but it should fit. I don't know about the snap because it is just a loose blade.

Let me see if I can find it and post a picture.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Sorry, false alarm. The blade is not where I thought it was and instead there was an 861 blade there. I still may have an 881 blade, but it seems to be avoiding me at the moment. ::facepalm::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”