Wanted - Leatherman Saw Blade

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
Diligence

Wanted - Leatherman Saw Blade

Post by Diligence »

Okay all you knife pack rats - can any of you find a saw blade from a Leatherman in your parts drawer?

I've not been around AAPK much (other than lurking occassionally) nor have I been in the shop, but I have a request from a friend to add a Saw blade to an old Leatherman PST II in place of either the existing file or the serrated blade.

Cheers,
J

PS - my shop is just as dirty and messy as it was when I last actually did anything in it...lol...about a year ago!
fergusontd

Re: Wanted - Leatherman Saw Blade

Post by fergusontd »

I think the PST II is smaller than the tools that have the saw blade, you might have a hard time fitting it in the handle. Also taking it apart might be a problem due to the rivites its put together with. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
Diligence

Re: Wanted - Leatherman Saw Blade

Post by Diligence »

Hmm...thanks for the info.

I thought the PST was connected with via a bolted connection? I'll have to have a look later today. If it is riveted, I should still be able to do the modification, just means a bit more work. I fully expect to have to modify the saw tang and or shape, but it's sure easier than cutting my own saw. Did that once, and will never do it again, ever.

j

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”