2 knives with potential for trade

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
just bob

2 knives with potential for trade

Post by just bob »

Here are 2 knives that have value to the right person. One is the smaller Remington R 4235, red, white, and blue, scout knife. This knife is rock solid; springs, liners, bail, and handles are good as is the screw driver and can opener. The main blade and punch are broken. The other knife is an interesting auto that is marked Auto Knife Co. / Middletown. My book shows this as being rare and made in the 1890's. It also has this marked with "Wilizin's Patent" in my book. I assume that may be for the tabs you press to open the blades? The knife is in poor condition the handles are split, the tabs don't work, the blades are worn and you can see on one end the tab is off of the spring. Still yet may have value as these blades don't grow on trees. Interested in trading both for Case knives or parts. The only current thing I am looking for are bone and stag handles for a folding hunters. I'll listen to any other offer.
Attachments
a 1.JPG
a 2.JPG
a 3.JPG
a 4.JPG
a 5.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Re: 2 knives with potential for trade

Post by just bob »

The auto is spoken for and a trade is in the works. I'll repost if that changes. I'd be interested in buying the blade and punch for the little Remington if anyone has one.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”