What do you think?

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
buddyie22

What do you think?

Post by buddyie22 »

I had the opportunity to go to one of the largest flea markets in central Florida last Saturday. Pick up a few knives for not to much money. They have not been cleaned up yet but they are not to bad. The question I have is concerning the Muscrat, I have never owned a Case Muscrat knife before so was not familiar with the blade make up. Payed $35 for it it was marked $80. As I looked at it it was in decent shape.The jigged bone handles were crack free,both blades had good snap,locked up tight etc. It is a Case xx with five dots. The main blade on the mark side is shorter than the other blade. After closer examination I can see where it has been grounded at the tang. Wether it was a good price or not I’m not sure but the world does’nt stop if I got beat on this one,because I do like the knife. Question estimated present value,do you think case would replace the blade at what price? It has been altered.
273D3D66-47FD-462B-9232-EDF617D81F1E.jpeg
DC56F773-55CD-4970-97DB-81A180B2F699.jpeg
0ACF2A4A-CBED-4072-9B98-507A4D32A1B6.jpeg
DECA04D5-B533-487F-9633-4D7760C8C9C4.jpeg
Thanks opinions. When you tap on pic it should turn right side up. (Hopefully)
Honey do you have your pocket knife ? Do I have my pants on?
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What do you think?

Post by treefarmer »

buddyie22,
I thought for a moment you had been to the Webster Flea Market but it's only open on Monday. (got to check the fine print before I go off half cocked :oops: )
Looks to me as if the short blade has been probably broken and reprofiled. I've got 2 Case Moose knives (6275)that I had to reshape the broken clip blades and they are very functional and a lot more economical than having the blades replaced as they fall in the EDC pile.
I believe the Muskrat blades usually start out with identical long, lean clip blades, except for the Case Muskrat "Hawbaker", it has one long, lean clip and a sheep foot, also long and lean on the other end.
As far as the price, if you are happy with it, enjoy it.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
buddyie22

Post by buddyie22 »

Thanks tree farmer. I do like it . Have you been to the Webster flea market recently? They have another flea market just north on the same road about a mile and half. Not as big but I think a little less expensive.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Yes Sir, we have stopped at that one a couple of times and have picked up a few knives. We usually only get back down to Central Florida from the Panhandle, about once a year. At what market did you find the knives you posted?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
buddyie22

Post by buddyie22 »

Three times a year Rennigers in Mount Dora has a Extravaganza. All through out the year they are open on the week ends.Thats where these were bought. They advertised 800 venders don’t know for sure, all I can say there was a bunch of them. We spent about four hours crawling around those hills and I’m sure we did not get half way through. You can google Rennigers and find out when the other two Extravaganza are going to be held. Antiques and all kinds of stuff,ya have to look for the knives on the tables of the venders.

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”