Camillus handles

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
Real1shep

Camillus handles

Post by Real1shep »

This is a shot in the dark.......but looking for a possibly broken spring or blade Camillus BSA Whittler #1047 with good handles. I'm try to restore a childhood BSA knife from the early 60's.

This is a member's knife, but what I'm after:

Kevin
Attachments
Older Whittler rivet design.jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Camillus handles

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Real1shep wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:12 pm This.....
This is the fourth time that you've used my picture without permission (that I know of).
The pocket knife pictured is NOT a CAMILLUS 1047 scouting pocket knife.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Real1shep wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:12 pm This is a shot in the dark.......but looking for a possibly broken spring or blade Camillus BSA Whittler #1047 with good handles. I'm try to restore a childhood BSA knife from the early 60's.

This is a member's knife, but what I'm after:

Kevin
Why don't you just rehandle it with some nice jigged bone scales, and give it a nice cleaning and restoration touch-up while you have it apart?
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Real1shep

Post by Real1shep »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:59 pm
This is the fourth time that you've used my picture without permission (that I know of).
Wow...are you serious? What's the beef with using your pic? Some kind of copyright, trade violation?

Kevin
Real1shep

Post by Real1shep »

This is a shot in the dark.......but looking for a possibly broken spring or blade Camillus BSA Whittler #1047 with good handles. I'm try to restore a childhood BSA knife from the early 60's.

Kevin
Attachments
bsa 1047.jpg
bsa 1047.jpg (35.02 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Real1shep wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:55 am
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:59 pm
Wow...are you serious? What's the beef with using your pic? Some kind of copyright, trade violation?

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I realize you are new here at AAPK, and while it is probably not written anywhere I can recall in the AAPK user agreement, but it is generally understood that you don't borrow someone's pictures without permission or having a close relationship with the person and an understanding of some sort about borrowing pics. Also, one should at the very least acknowledge the person that took the pics give them credit for their artistic work. You never know if the next reader may offer the photographer a job because of his massive photo skills! ::shrug::

As far as the knife goes, were the handles on the knife shrunken and pulled away from the bolsters?
If so it likely the handles are celluloid and lshould be replaced. They can use ruining a bunch of knives if you're not careful. They will even ruin the knives mix to them, by off gassing.

Relax and enjoy the camaraderie with other members of AAPK that enjoy knives and share you're interested in knife restoration.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”