Schrade Walden Blade

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
Meridian_Mike

Re: Schrade Walden Blade

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Nice save!

That right there shows you that ALL the Schrade Folding Hunter blades are PROBABLY the same.... (Which they should be)
The only difference is the tang stamp. Uncle Henrys, 225H, Old Timers.... It must be a "mass production" thing. They start out as total blanks before they are stamped and ground. Good work!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Nice, looks factory fresh!
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Thanks Mike and Glen
I am slowly getting the hang of this.

Nev
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

The Schrade - Walden 225H arrived I just replaced the blade with the 225ot blade and cleaned up the knife. I am having a good time working on these projects. I like to take something old and bring it back to usable condition. I have one question to AAPK members. What is this knife now?? A Schrade 225ot or a Schrade -Walden?
Thanks for looking.
Nev
Schrade-Walden Before.jpg
Schrade-Walden after.jpg
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Great work!
Your motivation for working on knives is the same as mine. I enjoy taking an abused and broken old knife and giving it a renewed useful purpose.
That 225H you just finished is now a nice looking knife. Your reward is giving it that renewed usefulness.
I guess you could call it whatever you like. It isn't a pure knife model anymore. Now, it is your creation!

Well done!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

tongueriver wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:00 pm Just a side thought; It is my impression that the tail or cap end of those folding hunters is Swinden construction, but the blade pivot end is pinned. Also, I am guessing that all the Uncle Henry folding hunter blades are also interchangeable with the Old Timer hunters? And the pre-Delrin hunters (rare!) have no Swinden construction at all, because they debuted about the same time?
I thought you might be interested in this. I just took this Uncle Henry apart It looks like it might have had a swinden key on both ends.

Nev
Uh.jpg
uh 2.jpg
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Reverand wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:56 am I have only taken one of those apart, so I could not say with any certainty that any others were made that way! Thanks for the confirmation.
And thanks for the tip on the 225OT. I have not seen one of those before.

And, to Nev52, I never have filled in the bolsters when converting a Swinden-key knife to a through-pin. I only drilled the bolsters and pinned them, like in Muskrat Man's video. Works great!
Reverand,
I just took apart this Uncle Henry 127uh apart It looks like at one time it had swinden keys on both ends.
Nev
Uh.jpg
uh 2.jpg
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

You learn a little bit more with every knife.
::tu:: ::tu::
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”