Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 13374
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: West Kootenays, B.C.

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by kootenay joe » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:46 pm

Here are 2 GEC #14 Barlows that arrived in my mailbox. They were both a surprise sent by kind AAPK friends.
Both are #141122. One has the original Cocobolo Wood handles and it is a gift from Mike Losicco, "Galvanic". The simplicity of these #14's is their beauty.
The other # 14 arrived a couple of weeks later having come from Glenn Trowbridge in New Hampshire, "Glennbad". Glenn is one of The Best knife restorers of all.
This #14 has had the cocobolo handles removed and a dark red Stag handles installed. Wow ! It turns this little knife into more macho creation. And look at the workmanship of the handle installation: Perfect, flawless and to my eyes could not be better.
My children will enjoy inheriting these.
Thank you Mike and Thank you Glenn and Thank you AAPK.
kj
Attachments
IMGP2771.JPG
IMGP2773.JPG
IMGP2774.JPG
IMGP2775.JPG
IMGP2777.JPG

User avatar
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3391
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:05 am
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by danno50 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 am

Beautiful knives, Roland, must of been a very nice surprise to open those up. Good work Mike and Glenn! ::tu:: ::tu::
Dan

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 13374
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: West Kootenays, B.C.

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by kootenay joe » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:16 pm

danno50 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 am
Beautiful knives, Roland, must of been a very nice surprise to open those up. Good work Mike and Glenn! ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you Dan. Indeed both were a surprise. They show the kindness of the AAPK members. I bet AAPK is the 'kindest' of all on line collector forums, knives, stamps, toasters, tube radios, etc. We are not rude to each other and always offer support when a member is in need.
kj

1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:21 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by 1fartsmella » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:32 am

Two great knives from two great AAPK friends!
Barry

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:50 am

Roland ::tu::
David

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 pm

GEC 35 Cattle Knife. Excellent Cattle Knife!
Attachments
IMG_3097.jpg
David

Ivoryman
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:12 am

DM11 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 pm
GEC 35 Cattle Knife. Excellent Cattle Knife!
I like those three blades. Sweet looking knife, cool bone color, congrats on scoring that one. I've seen them online pretty high. Good job.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

User avatar
KnifeSlinger#81
Posts: 4167
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:40 pm

I bought a couple of the 35 cattle knives, one for the collection and one to use. The first one came in a couple days ago. Really nice hefty cattle knife.

4A2CAFD3-9839-4C87-935D-DA50CAA76704.jpeg
A2C128A2-5E01-4252-A204-B6B18D25B40B.jpeg
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded schrades and Schrade Cut Co cattle and stockman knives, in good condition.

Ivoryman
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:07 am

Sweet bone DM11, Knifeslinger. Congrats on a great looking knife, love that spear and the blade choices. Good scores.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm

Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Attachments
IMG_3308.JPG
David

Ivoryman
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:50 am

DM11 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Like nothing I've ever seen from GEC. Congrats, great looking knife and good bunch of blades. What would that scale material be? Is it black? Nice score.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:52 am

Ivoryman wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:50 am
DM11 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Like nothing I've ever seen from GEC. Congrats, great looking knife and good bunch of blades. What would that scale material be? Is it black? Nice score.
Thank you Ivoryman. Its black delrin.
David

User avatar
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Central Valley of CA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by FarSide » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm

DM11 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Congrats. I am very happy with this knife. GEC did a great job. The tube art alone is amazing. A very nostalgic knife for me. Brings back lots of memories when I was a kid in the 60's.
#35 Johnny on the Spot A.jpg
-Tim

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 pm

FarSide wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm
DM11 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Congrats. I am very happy with this knife. GEC did a great job. The tube art alone is amazing. A very nostalgic knife for me. Brings back lots of memories when I was a kid in the 60's.

#35 Johnny on the Spot A.jpg
Glad you were able to score one FarSide! ::tu:: The tube art is great on this one!
David

User avatar
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 14613
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Lebanon, KY

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Quick Steel » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 pm

A great acquisition FarSide. Congrats!

User avatar
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Central Valley of CA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by FarSide » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:11 pm

Quick Steel wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 pm
A great acquisition FarSide. Congrats!
DM11 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 pm
FarSide wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm
DM11 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Congrats. I am very happy with this knife. GEC did a great job. The tube art alone is amazing. A very nostalgic knife for me. Brings back lots of memories when I was a kid in the 60's.

#35 Johnny on the Spot A.jpg
Glad you were able to score one FarSide! ::tu:: The tube art is great on this one!
Thanks you
-Tim

User avatar
JoKr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by JoKr » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 pm

after more thn 2 weeks at the customs...
#151113STL TC Barlow Black Ebony Toms Choice 2 $ Bill.jpg
_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

ISO #748116 AAPK Forums Knife 2016

Ivoryman
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:11 pm

Farside and Jokr, great knives gents, sweet pickups and love seeing these beauties. Hats off to GEC again for some great runs and patterns. I saw these 59 whittlers in Hummingbird acrylic and really liked the way they looked and the 59 pattern is one of my faves. Never seen it in a whittler either, but doesn't say pattern premier or anything. Anywho, found one in bone from Gunstock Jacks and love this baby immediately. There are no flaws at all, unlike my latest Case which had several. Love how the green bone turns to black in the middles and the jigging is cool too. Can't say enough good about the job GEC did on these and sounds like these other patterns shown above are the same as far as that's concerned.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220909_141753.jpg
thumbnail_20220909_141631.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:01 pm

JoKr wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 pm
after more thn 2 weeks at the customs...

#151113STL TC Barlow Black Ebony Toms Choice 2 $ Bill.jpg
Nice one! ::tu::
David

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:02 pm

Ivoryman wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:11 pm
Farside and Jokr, great knives gents, sweet pickups and love seeing these beauties. Hats off to GEC again for some great runs and patterns. I saw these 59 whittlers in Hummingbird acrylic and really liked the way they looked and the 59 pattern is one of my faves. Never seen it in a whittler either, but doesn't say pattern premier or anything. Anywho, found one in bone from Gunstock Jacks and love this baby immediately. There are no flaws at all, unlike my latest Case which had several. Love how the green bone turns to black in the middles and the jigging is cool too. Can't say enough good about the job GEC did on these and sounds like these other patterns shown above are the same as far as that's concerned.
Ivoryman looks like you got a good one! ::tu::
David

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:04 pm

59 Shaffer Farm Whittler. Sure like this one!
Attachments
IMG_3707.JPG
David

Ivoryman
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:59 pm

DM11 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:04 pm
59 Shaffer Farm Whittler. Sure like this one!
Thanks thanks thanks DM, and you as well. That is beautiful. I like the color in the middle, doesn't look quite as black as mine, looks more like moss green or agate greenish brown, which really looks great. So glad you were able to snag one, they are sweet little whittlers. Congrats and thanks again for the compliments.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

User avatar
JoKr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by JoKr » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 pm

Northwoods NW #59 Bear Lake FMW #47 Viper Jig Bone #63 Mako #47 Che Chen #72 Mini Lockback Hunter Black Plum.jpg
_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

ISO #748116 AAPK Forums Knife 2016

User avatar
JoKr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by JoKr » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:50 pm

#352322 Waynorth Wiki-Ute Charlie Campagna CC SFO antique amber jig bone.jpg
_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

ISO #748116 AAPK Forums Knife 2016

Ivoryman
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:57 pm

JoKr wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Northwoods NW #59 Bear Lake FMW #47 Viper Jig Bone #63 Mako #47 Che Chen #72 Mini Lockback Hunter Black Plum.jpg
Great shot of some beautiful knives JoKr. Love the Bear Lakes and Vipers. And the 72 LBs too. Congrats on a pack of sweeties. How do you like the Wiki Ute? Nice bunch of blades on that one. Great scores.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

Post Reply

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”