Secondary Market Prices

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Secondary Market Prices

Post by edge213 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:26 am Here's another one of these inexplicably popular & outrageously expensive CO-OP/FFA/4-H Case knives (Sorry for posting it in the GEC thread, but the other thread about sellers' ridiculous asking prices was closed down). The seller started the auction for this one pretty high to begin with ($360.00), but just look at how high it's gotten (currently at $1,007.00). That is the kind of money I would expect for a high-end, one-of-a-kind custom. Unbelievable that anyone would pay this much for a factory knife (Case, no less!). I realize that these knives are considered "super special" by some collectors, but for the life of me I can't figure out why since they're not even all that rare. :?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374376812441?_ ... 1758.m4703
Case 6207.jpg
Why would anyone pay that much for a $40 knife??? ::dang::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

edge213 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:43 pm
QTCut5 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:26 am Here's another one of these inexplicably popular & outrageously expensive CO-OP/FFA/4-H Case knives (Sorry for posting it in the GEC thread, but the other thread about sellers' ridiculous asking prices was closed down). The seller started the auction for this one pretty high to begin with ($360.00), but just look at how high it's gotten (currently at $1,007.00). That is the kind of money I would expect for a high-end, one-of-a-kind custom. Unbelievable that anyone would pay this much for a factory knife (Case, no less!). I realize that these knives are considered "super special" by some collectors, but for the life of me I can't figure out why since they're not even all that rare. :?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374376812441?_ ... 1758.m4703
Case 6207.jpg
Why would anyone pay that much for a $40 knife??? ::dang::
Edge, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. As long as there are idiots that shell out that kind of money, prices will just keep going up. I quit buying knives. I have collected for 50 or so years and have hundreds. Enough is enough. Overcharging sellers can shove their knives (blades out of course). Only a moron would pay these prices especially during a recession. Call me crazy but I have bigger priorities than acquiring more knives.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

The prices here on the AAPK store for GEC knives is mostly ridiculous..ya see a good deal once in a while but I see much better prices on the bigBaY to be honest!
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”