GEC #81 Bull Moose/Un-popular Design?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: GEC #81 Bull Moose/Un-popular Design?

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I just bought my first #81 knife. I love the tiny knot-hole.
tidioute-cutlery-osage-orange-wood-bull-moose-68.jpg
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:40 pm I just bought my first #81 knife. I love the tiny knot-hole. tidioute-cutlery-osage-orange-wood-bull-moose-68.jpg
Certainly adds character. Nice! I like it!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Nice one. You can't go wrong with Osage Orange.
I picked up a a Northfield Ebony. Unique that this one has satin blades. Also back when Tube tops were hand written ::tu::
Really a great knife with a large spear or clip.
#81 Gabon Moose.JPG
-Tim
Trouts

Post by Trouts »

I have always liked moose patterns. Bought an Amber jigged bone and the weak springs bothered me at first. Flushed the joints and after a few weeks it's smooth as butter with good snap. Liked it so much I bought another in Gabon Ebony. The one in Ebony has more snap out of the box and was smooth from the start. I think GEC did a nice job on the 81 moose and I can't complain one bit. It's a constant in my edc rotation.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:40 pm After reading the posts on this, I decided a while back to get one of the GEC Bull Moose #81. I got the antique amber jigged bone. My buddy Sundog also got one in jigged green bone. I think I got the last one in amber bone as they went off the page at KSF right after I ordered. I ordered one on sale and got it yesterday. My first GEC knife and third Moose pattern. Really great knives.

IMG_2642.JPG
I just received this same #81 Northfield antique amber jigged bone Moose knife. I got a light one. I also got the "Charleston green" 81 Moose. One shade darker and the scales would be black bone. The #82 stockman copperhead jigged bone was the best of the three that I received today. I am all caught up on NOS GEC knives. I am ready for some #23s. The Chinese Wooohan virus invasion is still happening , but the factory is a rocking again. Let the over time begin.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”