Show off your favorite GECs!

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
roseandthistlecustom

Re: Show off your favorite GECs!

Post by roseandthistlecustom »

:D
Thanks!
20210218_165910.jpg
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:08 am Nice ones garddogg56. The #44 Gunstock was not that popular when it first came out but it is an excellent Traditional pattern and GEC did a perfect job making these. Is the other one a #15 ?
kj
Yes it is Joe and my favorite boys knife ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

One of the final pieces I needed to put together the set of Grinling Whittlers
Attachments
7DBA6CA0-0892-4C22-9BFA-6A28A0D3E053.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Buckibbq wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:49 am One of the final pieces I needed to put together the set of Grinling Whittlers
Beautiful knife.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Nice Grinling Whittler Buckibbq. How many are there to make a complete set, and what year were they made ? The Grinlings i have seen on ebay sell for high prices so your set of these is quite valuable.
kj
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Thank you David!
kootenay joe wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:23 pm Nice Grinling Whittler Buckibbq. How many are there to make a complete set, and what year were they made ? The Grinlings i have seen on ebay sell for high prices so your set of these is quite valuable.
kj
Roland,
There were eleven different variations of the Grinling Whittler made in 2015 including SFOs and Club knives. I’m still looking for the last one which is the burnt stag model with a bear shield of which there were 25 made for the Allegheny Mountain Knife Collectors Association. I’ve never even seen a picture of one, but know that they exist. I have duplicates of most with the exception of the two acrylics.
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Buckibbq wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:07 am Thank you David!
kootenay joe wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:23 pm Nice Grinling Whittler Buckibbq. How many are there to make a complete set, and what year were they made ? The Grinlings i have seen on ebay sell for high prices so your set of these is quite valuable.
kj
Roland,
There were eleven different variations of the Grinling Whittler made in 2015 including SFOs and Club knives. I’m still looking for the last one which is the burnt stag model with a bear shield of which there were 25 made for the Allegheny Mountain Knife Collectors Association. I’ve never even seen a picture of one, but know that they exist. I have duplicates of most with the exception of the two acrylics.
Wow, very impressive that you have 10 different 2015 Grinling Whittlers plus some duplicates. This is a 'high value' collection as the Grinling is a much sought after knife. If i every see the stag one with a Bear shield i will let you know.
kj
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

This is a favorite grouping of all the SFO order GECs done for Roy Humenick. The “American Whittler” collection.
C3FA74EA-8295-4A42-94E9-9D1988403BDF.jpeg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Buckibbq wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:54 am This is a favorite grouping of all the SFO order GECs done for Roy Humenick. The “American Whittler” collection.C3FA74EA-8295-4A42-94E9-9D1988403BDF.jpeg
Knocking it out of the park again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeat group man, absolute art. That #29 Stockyard is the prettiest I've seen.

Couple 66 Calf Ropers that are testament to the addictive nature of these knife forums. Dangerous. I saw Mike313 and Jerry6818 posting this pattern in yellow rotten banana bone yeeeeeeearrs ago. Couldn't let it go, kept searching and seeking for a fix. Took years and lots of dough but half wit nut finally found one and probably overpaid. (sigh) What can I say? Pathetic.
Attachments
thumbnail_20210531_203411.jpg
thumbnail_20210531_203419.jpg
thumbnail_20210531_203443.jpg
thumbnail_20210531_203515.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190825_17_05_12_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190809_16_50_38_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190825_17_07_30_Pro.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Such a rich yellow on that 66, Ivoryman! Bet that has darkened nicely with a little age and use. The classy look of ebony is definitely one of my favorite woods.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:05 am Took years and lots of dough but half wit nut finally found one and probably overpaid. (sigh) What can I say? Pathetic.
Beautiful knife! I like the parallel slanted bolsters. ::tu::
And, it's not "pathetic" at all, dude...it's Patience that finally paid off...even if you did overpay, just remember: knife values are highly subjective. In the end, you got the knife you wanted for a price you could afford and were willing to pay, albeit perhaps more than you wanted to pay. But years from now you'll still be enjoying that knife and the cost probably won't seem like such a big deal. You can always get more money, but you may not always be able to get that particular knife. That's my knife-buying philosophy whenever I feel I've overpaid for a knife that I really want (which seem to be the case more and more lately). Good score and good for you for having the patience and persistence to finally snag the knife you've been wanting for yeeeeeearrs! ::nod::
~Q~
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The Yellow Gec is simply one of the best looking knives a U.S.manufacturer has ever produced. I think that highly of it.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is a good looking #66 "Teamster's Jack".
kj
Attachments
IMGP1270.JPG
IMGP1271.JPG
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:05 am
Buckibbq wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:54 am This is a favorite grouping of all the SFO order GECs done for Roy Humenick. The “American Whittler” collection.C3FA74EA-8295-4A42-94E9-9D1988403BDF.jpeg
Knocking it out of the park again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeat group man, absolute art. That #29 Stockyard is the prettiest I've seen.

Couple 66 Calf Ropers that are testament to the addictive nature of these knife forums. Dangerous. I saw Mike313 and Jerry6818 posting this pattern in yellow rotten banana bone yeeeeeeearrs ago. Couldn't let it go, kept searching and seeking for a fix. Took years and lots of dough but half wit nut finally found one and probably overpaid. (sigh) What can I say? Pathetic.
Well ,talk about knocking it out of the Park! You hit a couple of home runs with these 2 GECs .
Very nice I man ,very nice!
JP
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:31 am Here is a good looking #66 "Teamster's Jack".
kj
KJ, I'm an HJ nut, I agree that is a good looking 66 Teamster's Jack ::tu::
didn't Charlie only do a teamster jack run, there's no CC HJ6 on the shield, was it polished off or were there others made
either way it's a great looking knife ::tu::
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I got this Teamster's HJ from Charlie. The shield was slightly proud so if got buffed down at GEC and the letters on shield were removed because of the buffing.
I prefer it with this plain shield.
kj
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:31 am Here is a good looking #66 "Teamster's Jack".
kj
Beautiful handles on this one.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

Thanks for the shield update KJ, it's a beauty ::tu::
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:19 pm
Ivoryman wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:05 am Took years and lots of dough but half wit nut finally found one and probably overpaid. (sigh) What can I say? Pathetic.
Beautiful knife! I like the parallel slanted bolsters. ::tu::
And, it's not "pathetic" at all, dude...it's Patience that finally paid off...even if you did overpay, just remember: knife values are highly subjective. In the end, you got the knife you wanted for a price you could afford and were willing to pay, albeit perhaps more than you wanted to pay. But years from now you'll still be enjoying that knife and the cost probably won't seem like such a big deal. You can always get more money, but you may not always be able to get that particular knife. That's my knife-buying philosophy whenever I feel I've overpaid for a knife that I really want (which seem to be the case more and more lately). Good score and good for you for having the patience and persistence to finally snag the knife you've been wanting for yeeeeeearrs! ::nod::

Thanks thanks thanks, I hear exactly what you say. You make a good case. And your so right. When you have a monkey on your back riding you hard and the addiction feed flowing at full speed, adrenaline pumping, eyes wide open, laser focused because you finally found one you've been looking for these long many years and there it finally is, sitting there probabably making others drool as much as you, you just can't sleep on it or sit around and contemplate. You gotta strike like a rattle snake and jump for the sky or get burned by bigger pocketed buyers. So I appreciate what you're saying and really admire so many of your posts and knives it's that much sweeter when you compliment like that. Makes me feel less guilty and who doesn't need that? Really appreciate it and right back atcha.

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:08 am The Yellow Gec is simply one of the best looking knives a U.S.manufacturer has ever produced. I think that highly of it.

If you like it that much I'll trade you for that blue camel bone Northwoods Burnside? Just kidding, I would never dream of taking it. But that doesn't mean I don't love it and it's great hearing you like one of mine as much as I like some of yours. Priceless. Couldn't ask for better mention of it. Thanks again Quick. I'm honored.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Buckibbq wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:51 pm Such a rich yellow on that 66, Ivoryman! Bet that has darkened nicely with a little age and use. The classy look of ebony is definitely one of my favorite woods.

Thanks a bunch for the compliment. I really like checking out your stuff and congrats on the Grinling whittler collection. Absolutely fabulous knifes and your examples rock 'em.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

GEC made Northwoods 86 Heritage Jack frosted mini wheat micarta
Attachments
thumbnail_20210608_175809.jpg
thumbnail_20210608_180019.jpg
J1890

Post by J1890 »

This double pull 73 is fast becoming a favorite!
E29724FB-C4D8-43F9-8C49-F76A1C8F6F82.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Very fine looking wood on your GEC.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

GEC makes a lot of knives with Micarta handles. Micarta is an excellent handle material especially for a 'work' knife, it won't chip or shrink, hardly ever cracks and can still be firmly gripped when wet. I know many collectors really like the Micarta GEC's. A couple of months ago a few #66 with OD Green Micarta sold for around $600-$700. But i just can't get myself interested in them.
What am i missing ?
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:06 pm GEC makes a lot of knives with Micarta handles. Micarta is an excellent handle material especially for a 'work' knife, it won't chip or shrink, hardly ever cracks and can still be firmly gripped when wet. I know many collectors really like the Micarta GEC's. A couple of months ago a few #66 with OD Green Micarta sold for around $600-$700. But i just can't get myself interested in them.
What am i missing ?
kj
Roland I'm with you. Bone, stag, wood all better. And of course Ivory. ::nod:: ::nod::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”