The GEC 100 Club

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: The GEC 100 Club

Post by kootenay joe »

I did not know this thread existed when i recently started a thread "How Many GEC's Do You Have". The replies in my thread seemed to indicate that very few people here have 100 of them. Commonest range seemed to be 40-50 GEC's. However this old thread has quite a few with over 100 and some approaching 300. I don't recognize many of the names so likely these 'big' collectors are no longer active. I wonder what happened to them and do they still have the knives ?
I had no idea that back 8 years ago there were collectors with over 100 GEC's. Maybe i never think big enough.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I think up to 85/86 now. I got pre-orders and another GEC#33 Conductor in the mail.
Xyphos

Post by Xyphos »

Only have maybe forty but I can see that growing. I like the tubes, buttons and coins almost as much as the knives (some of the tube art is gorgeous).

Currently I carry a Beerscout (in 'knifebright'); I use a Viper at home; drool over my TC Ancient; smile at the Grandma's Kitchen Floor I just got; and was tickled by the Beer&Sausage knife (BTW I think that comb is secretly for skimming foam off a mug, not for combing a beard-- I mean c'mon, it would be extremely painful and thoroughly disgusting as a comb). Right now SFOs are the ones that often catch my attention since new commissions are on hold. Amazing company with the best smooth-but-firm action I know.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”