Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by kootenay joe »

JohnR, thank you for info about pulls and pricing.
Beautiful 'rich' looking handles on your new #38. Not all of these handles have the same 'warm' and appealing color that your knife shows.
kj
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

JohnR wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:11 pm I picked up a second 38 to use, very nice knife.
Beaauuuuuuuuuteeeeeeeeeeeefuuuuuuuuuul. Wow you scored a sweetie. Congrats.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Well, I just had to trade for these two beauties. Major score here ::ds::
BF 74 has such excellent jigging and I dig the two blade.
The 25EO is a terrific little knife
1A98C858-C558-4060-A34D-27E14DB7BFAA.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

J1890 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 pm Well, I just had to trade for these two beauties. Major score here ::ds::
Love the 25. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

J1890 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 pm Well, I just had to trade for these two beauties. Major score here ::ds::
Congrats, glad they tickle ya, beauties for sure. Sweet little 25.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Good score on the Wharncliffe 74...first one I've seen with that blade configuration. ::tu:: 8) ::tu::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

not sure what you gave up in the trade but that 74 BF knife is hard to find, great trade ::tu::
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

6E32626D-2E23-4887-BD7B-FB64CD208076.jpeg
Here’s a recent addition that sure would look good next to KJs 53 TK Cuban :wink:
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Buckibbq wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:07 am 6E32626D-2E23-4887-BD7B-FB64CD208076.jpegHere’s a recent addition that sure would look good next to KJs 53 TK Cuban :wink:
Uber nice ::tu::
-Tim
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Buckibbq wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:07 am 6E32626D-2E23-4887-BD7B-FB64CD208076.jpegHere’s a recent addition that sure would look good next to KJs 53 TK Cuban :wink:

A+ flipping gorgeous. Congrats. What a looker.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Buckibbq, WOW !
What is the pattern number & year ?
I don't recall any GEC's with a lanyard hole ? But i am getting forgetful.
Did this very special knife come from ebay ?
kj
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Thanks for the applause, gentleman. I have been eyeing this knife for awhile. The owner reached out for a trade that I had and I took him up on the offer. It’s an 852113. According to Jay Rouch, owner of Knivesshipfree.com, there were less than 5 of these made for Derrick Bohn around 2016.
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

After waiting for 32 days for it to arrive I finally have my one-and-only GEC folder! Bought from Mark at SSk, and destined to be a favorite of mine. It's an 8 1/4" oal Tideout Beavertail slip-joint linerlock/carbon steel drop-point blade with n/n, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and beautiful jigged Cherry wood covers with beaver shield. It almost seems they put in the linerlock on as an afterthought, because the walk n' talk on this knife is extremely tight, and there is NO way this knife opens/closes without the help of 2 hands. After handling and closely examining my new knife I'm beginning to understand the huge attraction to these GEC knives! 8)
WIN_20210601_19_31_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210601_19_30_40_Pro.jpg
8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Nice score, love the Beaver shield, I grew up in home town of Oregon State Univ. Home of the Beavers. Always root for beavers.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

That is a Big Solid knife. Definitely will last more than 1 lifetime. The liner lock gives you extra security, like if you get jumped by a cougar (which has happened a few times here in B.C. this Spring)
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ivoryman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:13 am Nice score, love the Beaver shield, I grew up in home town of Oregon State Univ. Home of the Beavers. Always root for beavers.
Thanks Iman! ::handshake:: I really like that shield too, makes the knife distinctive. "Go Beavers!" You've been posting some real beauties too lately, congrats on owning so many gorgeous folders! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:03 am That is a Big Solid knife. Definitely will last more than 1 lifetime. The liner lock gives you extra security, like if you get jumped by a cougar (which has happened a few times here in B.C. this Spring)
kj
Thanks Roland! ::handshake:: I've been reading about all the big cat and bear attacks out your way lately, but in spite of that I wish I was still living out there. Such beautiful country, and NO -40 temperatures! 8)
8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

JohnR wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:11 pm I picked up a second 38 to use, very nice knife.
Bravooooooo. Those are some of the deepest colored scales I"ve seen. Like that much better than the washed out ones. Congrats, that is probably the prettiest I've seen and I've been watching them since they came out. Great score.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:02 am
Bravooooooo. Those are some of the deepest colored scales I"ve seen. Like that much better than the washed out ones. Congrats, that is probably the prettiest I've seen and I've been watching them since they came out. Great score.
Thank you Iman. ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

So far this is the only knife from this collection of 92 knives that I am keeping for sure. The stag on this one is just amazing. The only other stag 44 in this collection had stag just as nice as this one, it sold quickly. I’m still on the fence about keeping a couple of stag 89’s. I moved this one into my display case today after cleaning and putting Ren Wax on it, so it’s officially being kept.
Attachments
C50ADF2C-B0EB-4872-969F-15327DD7127A.jpeg
A96C40F6-0A1C-474D-8533-10AB26CDD0EC.jpeg
362C025C-0569-4CB1-B528-92B4BC70B946.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:02 pm So far this is the only knife from this collection of 92 knives that I am keeping for sure. The stag on this one is just amazing. The only other stag 44 in this collection had stag just as nice as this one, it sold quickly. I’m still on the fence about keeping a couple of stag 89’s. I moved this one into my display case today after cleaning and putting Ren Wax on it, so it’s officially being kept.
Mark, you sure picked a nice one to keep ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

edge213 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:02 pm So far this is the only knife from this collection of 92 knives that I am keeping for sure. The stag on this one is just amazing. The only other stag 44 in this collection had stag just as nice as this one, it sold quickly. I’m still on the fence about keeping a couple of stag 89’s. I moved this one into my display case today after cleaning and putting Ren Wax on it, so it’s officially being kept.
Mark, you sure picked a nice one to keep ::tu::
Thanks David. It’s been an awful temptation, there are a lot of nice stag knives in this collection but this one about made me jump out of my chair when I opened it.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Beautiful knife Mark. It's easy to see why you're keeping that one. Really like the gunstock shape and those stag covers, what can I say! Congratulations! 8)
8)
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Just received this outstanding 73. Nail nick, Long pull, stamped, snakewood.
Just a beauty!
D2EEB629-D77B-4F30-B2A5-D3AFFD374491.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

J1890, another score, another beauty. Wow, love that grain and the lanyard tube and the long pull and the nick, stamped blade. Mmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn. Congrats again, you just keep nailing it big time.

SharpShiny, must say that is some of the best stag going. Congrats on the score and self control not to have to keep more of that beautiful collection. Wow, keep them coming, loving the show.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”