Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by DM11 »

John ::tu::
David
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Roland, it always makes my day when folks are happy with their purchase and buying experience. I appreciate the kind words.
I really like that 09 knife. That’s one I haven’t seen and the wooden handles make all that much better to me.

John, what an amazing collection. Where did you get the English Whittler with that 15 shield? I never saw one of those being dropped anywhere. All those wooden handles are exceptionally nice.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:52 pm Roland, it always makes my day when folks are happy with their purchase and buying experience. I appreciate the kind words.
I really like that 09 knife. That’s one I haven’t seen and the wooden handles make all that much better to me.

John, what an amazing collection. Where did you get the English Whittler with that 15 shield? I never saw one of those being dropped anywhere. All those wooden handles are exceptionally nice.
Mark, David, Iman, thank you all. ::tu:: ::tu::

Mark, all those knives came from the Great Eastern Rendezvous this past weekend, the Whittler is this years Rendezvous knife celebrating 15 years in business, 53 were made.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

JohnR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm Pair of beauties Roland, love the 13. ::tu::

Couple more I picked up over the weekend.
Beautiful Boys Knife. I would have been all over that one had i been there. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

I wasn’t able to keep my plans to attend the Rendezvous again this year, but a good friend helped me to acquire one of the anniversary 38s like John’s.
7F3694A7-A1FB-4238-93D6-4DEAB33E1FA5.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
TPK

Post by TPK »

I have successfully avoided this thread for a long time knowing I would come here and just drool over all the beautiful knives I would see here that are over my budget. I was right. I shouldn't have come here. ::facepalm::

Beautiful Knives Gentlemen! ::tu:: Congrats on every one of them! ::handshake::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

TPK wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:46 am I have successfully avoided this thread for a long time knowing I would come here and just drool over all the beautiful knives I would see here that are over my budget. I was right. I shouldn't have come here. ::facepalm::

You won't learn will you !!! ::facepalm::
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Managed to get a pretty nice 83, just luck of the draw, happened to be sitting in front of the computer when they dropped, gone in a minute.
Attachments
IMG_3872.jpeg
IMG_3874.jpeg
TPK

Post by TPK »

cudgee wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:33 am
TPK wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:46 am I have successfully avoided this thread for a long time knowing I would come here and just drool over all the beautiful knives I would see here that are over my budget. I was right. I shouldn't have come here. ::facepalm::

You won't learn will you !!! ::facepalm::
No. ::facepalm:: ::shrug::

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

JohnR wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:02 pm Managed to get a pretty nice 83, just luck of the draw, happened to be sitting in front of the computer when they dropped, gone in a minute.
You're a genius, the fact that you had it in your cart and got the purchase through in under a minute puts you in rare air. Well done. ::tu::
Fleidermaus82

Post by Fleidermaus82 »

JohnR wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:02 pm Managed to get a pretty nice 83, just luck of the draw, happened to be sitting in front of the computer when they dropped, gone in a minute.
Somehow my brother managed to get one for me as a gift. Kind of amazing. One thing, is the spring on the 83 kinda…. Meh on yours as well? It’s secure, locks tight, and no play, but not the bear trap I usually associate with GEC.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Fleidermaus82 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:31 am
Somehow my brother managed to get one for me as a gift. Kind of amazing. One thing, is the spring on the 83 kinda…. Meh on yours as well? It’s secure, locks tight, and no play, but not the bear trap I usually associate with GEC.

That's pretty normal for a lock back, they rely on the lock so the spring is lighter.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I gave up on trying to score any of these 83s from the dealers so I bought one on Ebay. I didn’t realize that this is a smaller knife than the last lockback that GEC made. I like this size and having a lockback for me is a must for a knife that I use regularly. I can see myself using this one. I know I say this just about every time a new knife comes out from GEC, but this may be the best knife they have made recently. The 38 English whittler is way up my list too but this one is just about perfect.
Attachments
6C928AB6-1BDD-4573-B850-EE2CBB10C2A2.jpeg
60120F42-0779-42C4-8CDE-93720D7B7CE3.jpeg
E4EC2577-BF58-4E77-99EE-3A6BB101219D.jpeg
78E1D7E1-0888-4A90-B012-91F9073599AC.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Nice score, good looking bone, nice size. I've been looking myself at them but like Tidioute and striped wood ones. The hunt is on. Congrats on that one.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:21 am I gave up on trying to score any of these 83s from the dealers so I bought one on Ebay. I didn’t realize that this is a smaller knife than the last lockback that GEC made. I like this size and having a lockback for me is a must for a knife that I use regularly. I can see myself using this one. I know I say this just about every time a new knife comes out from GEC, but this may be the best knife they have made recently. The 38 English whittler is way up my list too but this one is just about perfect.

Wow, that’s is a beauty!!!!! I really need to get one of those.
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

#83 Stag A.jpg
#83 Stag B.jpg
-Tim
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I’m envious Tim, that stag is beautiful. I have struck out every time a stag drop has happened. I’ll just have to keep watching for one on Ebay.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

FarSide wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:15 pm #83 Stag A.jpg
#83 Stag B.jpg

::tu:: ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

edge213 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 pm
#83 Stag B.jpg

::tu:: ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:52 pm I’m envious Tim, that stag is beautiful. I have struck out every time a stag drop has happened. I’ll just have to keep watching for one on Ebay.
Thank you both. I managed to get on a dealers early reserve by being in the right place at the right time. Wasn't sure what I would get. A little fatter then I like, but the thin ones I'm seeing so far are very plain. There is so much variation to stag & personal preferences. I am thankful to land one though.
#83 Stag C.jpg
-Tim
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

#83 Stag B.jpg
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's the kind. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Congrats, congrats, congrats. Beau-teee-fuuuul.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

#83 Stag B.jpg
That’s a great stag example Tim! Well matched with great color. The 83s are another great run and I agree with Mark on the quality of GEC’s offerings. I’m happy with the stag on my 83 and glad to have a Dark Brewed version in my pocket.
Attachments
E47B2675-6E02-42B7-B5E2-ACCD88B746C2.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:21 am I gave up on trying to score any of these 83s from the dealers so I bought one on Ebay. I didn’t realize that this is a smaller knife than the last lockback that GEC made. I like this size and having a lockback for me is a must for a knife that I use regularly. I can see myself using this one. I know I say this just about every time a new knife comes out from GEC, but this may be the best knife they have made recently. The 38 English whittler is way up my list too but this one is just about perfect.
Thanks for the review! My dad has a birthday next month and I’ve been thinking of bay fishing one for him.

As for myself, I just picked up this 29 in Osage orange. Two sellers photos and two of mine to show before and after. Had a few miles on it, which is fine with me because I intend to use it. Spring on the master blade is a little weak, not sure how I feel about that. A little cleaning, a little oil, a few swipes across the stone, ready for duty!
Attachments
D1F5B38C-3440-435E-8E79-68EDC229A256.png
94B80C33-A4DA-4DC4-A0C4-4AF766564B95.png
73007F1B-72B6-4F71-A199-3AC491CF0F15.jpeg
CCF51683-F275-4953-8D67-BF4DB4EAA25B.jpeg
TPK

Post by TPK »

:shock: Wow! Beautiful Knives Gentlemen! ::tu:: ::nod::

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:07 pm

As for myself, I just picked up this 29 in Osage orange. Two sellers photos and two of mine to show before and after. Had a few miles on it, which is fine with me because I intend to use it. Spring on the master blade is a little weak, not sure how I feel about that. A little cleaning, a little oil, a few swipes across the stone, ready for duty!

Good looking wood Willie. Congrats. I like the pattern myself, and surprised your spring is week. Not on mine. Also great job cleaning and spiffing.

Just in, a nice 83 LB with what I thought was good wood grain anyway. Nice feel to the Bocote too. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
thumbnail_20210712_095214.jpg
thumbnail_20210712_095121.jpg
thumbnail_20210712_095047.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow. I have never seen such pronounced grain in a piece of wood. I think it looks Great !
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”