The Upcoming #74

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The Upcoming #74

Post by jerryd6818 »

There's only one picture of the upcoming #74 and it's the blades waiting to be sent for heat treat. Is it just me or does the blade look like the knife may be a "Cotton Sampler"?
Attachments
#74 Blade.JPG
#74 Blade.JPG (33.64 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Re: The Upcoming #74

Post by reddirtknives »

nope it's not just you jerry,I think it does too by the way the blade is shaped... Did you have a nightmare about that? lol ::woot::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
big monk

Post by big monk »

I'm bettin' it looks like this one ::hmm:: ____since they already have the set-up ::skeptic::
Attachments
Cotton Sampler.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
reddirtknives

Post by reddirtknives »

Thanks big monk, Do they really sample cotton like that anymore? Maybe they made them for those new crops that are popping up in a few states like Colorado... ::woot::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
big monk

Post by big monk »

Don't know if they still sample the cotton this way or not ::hmm:: not many cotton fields around my area any more and all the cotton gins are closed down_______GeC,first made this knife for (Krack-A-Jack) brands (Robert Roark & Charlie Dorton) the knife below----then made the Tuna Valley,in the first photo****___guessing this ""new release #74"" will be the first GEC Cotton Sampler____Monk ::tu::
Attachments
GECCottonSampler.jpg

MONK****
reddirtknives

Post by reddirtknives »

Can you believe that the knife you just showed is the first Krack-a-Jack that I have seen? I have heard of them and heard people talk about or mention them but I had never seen one and didn't know who made them. I also didn't hear that Charlie Dorton had anything to do with them... I'm a greenhorn ya know... Now I'm wondering how many knives under this brand have been made and if they have had several different cutlery Companies making them... ::hmm:: Ya know, If I wait until jerry wakes up he'll probably do all of the research for me and have all of the answers ::super_happy:: Sir. Jerry is good like that ::tu::
big monk

Post by big monk »

I know of three(3) more patterns with the Krack-A-Jack label and all were made by GEC___robineten (Robert Roark) can answer all your questions__just send him a PM___ ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_0013.JPG
#76 Outlaw Jack's (a).JPG
GEC-OLE%20JACK-KRACK-A-JACK%20001.JPG
GEC-OLE%20JACK-KRACK-A-JACK%20001.JPG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 4655 times

MONK****
reddirtknives

Post by reddirtknives »

Thanks big monk :)
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

2020 #74 Mustang are in production now. Tidioute brown burlap micarta , Tidioute jigged bone , Northfield Arizona iron wood , Sambar Stag
IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg
IMG_2549.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2569.jpg
IMG_2570.jpg
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

The AAPK 2020 club GEC#74 Northfield will be released soon and is in production now. More details about the scales will be released at the end of this month. www.admin@allaboutpocketknives.com email Bryan and ask him to reserve a knife for you
74B-768x824.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

Remember all of the dealer reserves are booked. The bigger GEC dealers will be dropping knives , so get registered for GEC Dealer email notifications . "GEC KNIFE COLLECTING IS WAR !"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:33 pm The AAPK 2020 club GEC#74 Northfield will be released soon and is in production now. More details about the scales will be released at the end of this month. www.admin@allaboutpocketknives.com email Bryan and ask him to reserve a knife for you 74B-768x824.jpg
Did you clear this with Bryan before posting? I ask because in the past Bryon has always personally handled the release of the annual forum knife.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Onearmbladejunkie

No Sir I did not. I learned about the AAPK bolsters photo on the BladeForums web-sight. I spotted the AAPK bolster parts on the GEC web-sight. If GEC or AAPK does not want me to spread the word , do not post it on the GEC web-sight. I spread it all over the AAPK Forum Web-sight. And I had so much fun spreading the word about it too. I e-mailed Bryan and Bryan e-mailed back. Bryan was very happy to put me on the reserve list. I could tell Bryan was waiting on someone to spill the beans. I am so excited and happy about this GEC#74 run. Bryan was real cool. Bryan told me that all the details will be announced at the end of October. I am signed up and he was so nice to me. Everything is cool ! I open my gator snap folders with my feet and a CASE XX blade pick. I am hoping to use my knees/thighs to open this AAPK GEC#74 right up. I was so excited and happy about this #74 run. I help everybody find the knives of their dreams on the internet. I am all over the Knife Forums , Face Book , and You Tube. I love to learn everything I can about knives and I share to everybody. I am an AAPK member and I am having fun. I got Two GEC#23/23LL knives coming in the mail soon. Everything is Good !
10600574_1451495258461384_1870245699931975741_n.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Well there ya go then and you are absolutely correct. Bryan is one heck of a nice guy and that niceness manifests it's self most clearly in the atmosphere here at AAPK.

I hope your enthusiasm never dampens.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

My recollection of the process regarding how the AAPK annual knife was made available is:

1. The knife would be announced and be described.
2. The knives would be placed in the AAPK store.
3. People who wanted to buy the knife purchased it from the store.

Is process for the upcoming knife changing to where the knives are to be ordered via email to Bryan?
Onearmbladejunkie

GEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

Here are some new released production line photos of the #74 Mustang run.
IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg
IMG_2597.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I got a return email that the address was not found. 😔

*Edit- Bryan, if you see this please put me down for one, thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot_20201019-174601.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
JoKr

Post by JoKr »

Bolsters for the AAPK annual knife.
Attachments
#74 bolster aapk.jpg
_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

ISO #748116 AAPK Forums Knife 2016
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

RalphAlsip wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 pm My recollection of the process regarding how the AAPK annual knife was made available is:

Is process for the upcoming knife changing to where the knives are to be ordered via email to Bryan?
I'm wondering the same thing. Did I miss something?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Onearmbladejunkie

XX Case XX wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:56 pm
RalphAlsip wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 pm My recollection of the process regarding how the AAPK annual knife was made available is:

I'm wondering the same thing. Did I miss something?

More details will be announced at the end of the month. I spotted the AAPK bolsters and I freaked out with excitement. I contacted Bryan and I alerted everybody. Sorry , I went fool ! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Nobody died and we are all getting a cool knife.
Onearmbladejunkie

"BOMB SHIELDS" will be offered on the GEC#74 Arizona iron wood Mustang knives.
IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg
IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:33 pm The AAPK 2020 club GEC#74 Northfield will be released soon and is in production now. More details about the scales will be released at the end of this month. www.admin@allaboutpocketknives.com email Bryan and ask him to reserve a knife for you 74B-768x824.jpg
I realize you're a new member here and you're excited about getting and AAPK knife, but Bryan is in charge of the entire process from start to finish.
Over the years we have had several overly enthusiastic folks like yourself posting all sort of stuff they "knew to be true" and it confused a lot of members, and made a lot of work for Bryan and the admin staff of AAPK.

The admin email address that you posted for Bryan is not even his email address that goes into a general mailbox and I'm not sure it's even a good email address anymore.

I can appreciate your excitement, but please do not tell people to email Bryan, it only causes him a great deal of work and pain. That's why he doesn't answer most emails. If you haven't read the story of Bryan here on AAPK I suggest you might do so you would have a much better understanding of the debilitating conditions he lives with daily.

You can read about Bryans story at the following two links. A lot of people don't understand why Bryan does things the way he does but when they find out what he lives with they are amazed that he does so much!
Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:28 pm The details and answers to your questions are here in these posts:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45842&p=466509&hilit=Bio#p466453

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52851&p=581261#p581261
Ken

So please, Onearmbladejunkie, stop instructing members how to order their knives. You don't know! All you're doing is confusing people and causing Bryan and our admin staff problems.

Bryan will announce the knife when he is ready to and not before.

Thank you,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

orvet wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:26 pm
I realize you're a new member here and you're excited about getting and AAPK knife, but Bryan is in charge of the entire process from start to finish.
Over the years we have had several overly enthusiastic folks like yourself posting all sort of stuff they "knew to be true" and it confused a lot of members, and made a lot of work for Bryan and the admin staff of AAPK.

The admin email address that you posted for Bryan is not even his email address that goes into a general mailbox and I'm not sure it's even a good email address anymore.

I can appreciate your excitement, but please do not tell people to email Bryan, it only causes him a great deal of work and pain. That's why he doesn't answer most emails. If you haven't read the story of Bryan here on AAPK I suggest you might do so you would have a much better understanding of the debilitating conditions he lives with daily.

You can read about Bryans story at the following two links. A lot of people don't understand why Bryan does things the way he does but when they find out what he lives with they are amazed that he does so much!
Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:28 pm The details and answers to your questions are here in these posts:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45842&p=466509&hilit=Bio#p466453

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52851&p=581261#p581261
Ken

So please, Onearmbladejunkie, stop instructing members how to order their knives. You don't know! All you're doing is confusing people and causing Bryan and our admin staff problems.

Bryan will announce the knife when he is ready to and not before.

Thank you,
Dale
Thank you very much Dale.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”