What you would like to see GEC. make.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Blademan13

Re: What you would like to see GEC. make.

Post by Blademan13 »

Off the top of my head:

Large (5 1/4") coke bottle framed lock-back
#42 Trader all steel
#81 frame stockman with California clip primary
#68 White Owl with tip bolsters and MOP covers
kamagong

Post by kamagong »

I have two on my GEC wish list. Entirely feasible too, given than GEC already has the frames for them.

The first is an English lambsfoot knife.

Image by upnorth

Build this on the #47 Hay'n Helper frame, add bolsters and some suitable bone covers and I think GEC has a winner on their hands. I'd be just as happy if they went with a wharncliffe blade and made it a swayback.

The second knife I wish GEC would make is a single blade #73 with a clip point blade. Something along the lines of the blade found on the 2013 Case/Bose collaboration. That'd be a sweet knife.
Blademan13

Post by Blademan13 »

I'd be in for both of those. That lambsfoot would be a great addition to join the Pony Jack and Boys knife. Of course an upscale Northfield with rat tail bolsters would rock as well.
cbnutt

Post by cbnutt »

i agree with the clip on the 73, the 72 wasn't to bad.
Shoot low sheriff, he's ridin a Shetland.....
Wood-Guy

Post by Wood-Guy »

Been doing some thinking... I think I'd like to see GEC make another run of the kitchen knives & possibly add some more variations to the mix. ::hmm:: ::tu:: ::nod::
-Ryan-
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

The GEC#74 Mustang is being made right now. "THINGS TO PONDER ??" CLUE --- This sure looks like a GEC#74 Saddle Trapper run coming up after the #74 Mustangs.
the-horse-and-the-snake-benigne-gagneraux (1).jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

I want to see GEC make an AAPK 2020 members #74 Northfield Mustang knife. I think I got my wish !!!!!
Y4T8Njw.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

Black Teal Natural Bone GEC#19 Little Rattler
uMuCoMx.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

I have been hoping for a GEC#47 Viper run for a few years. Only 200 pieces of each choice will be made.
schedule23434547.jpg
schedule23434547.jpg (32.12 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
Onearmbladejunkie

Mike Latham has announced that the new count will be 275 pieces per choice, not 200 pieces on the #47 Viper run.
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

The 77 is a great pattern, I really like Mike's Barlows and Charlie's Washington Jack and Punch.
Since it's slim or none that we will see another SFO anytime soon I would like GEC to put out another run of 77 Yankee Jacks for 2021.
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
Onearmbladejunkie

texoma wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:42 pm The 77 is a great pattern, I really like Mike's Barlows and Charlie's Washington Jack and Punch.
Since it's slim or none that we will see another SFO anytime soon I would like GEC to put out another run of 77 Yankee Jacks for 2021.
I have never been able to score a 77 Barlow. I just wanted one African Blackwood GEC#77 Barlow knife. Well that did not happen. I hate the SFO program. It is not fair to the smaller GEC dealers. I hate it when one GEC dealer gets to corner the Barlow market ,every year. I can see a dealer receiving 100 SFO knives, but some take it to an extreme and this hurts the smaller dealers that really need more GEC knives to sell to get out of the dark days of 2020. I would love to have a GEC#77 in Bloodwood. Bill Howard is a fighter and he is loaded for bear. 2021 will see some great knives ahead.
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:27 am
texoma wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:42 pm The 77 is a great pattern, I really like Mike's Barlows and Charlie's Washington Jack and Punch.
I have never been able to score a 77 Barlow. I just wanted one African Blackwood GEC#77 Barlow knife. Well that did not happen. I hate the SFO program. It is not fair to the smaller GEC dealers. I hate it when one GEC dealer gets to corner the Barlow market ,every year. I can see a dealer receiving 100 SFO knives, but some take it to an extreme and this hurts the smaller dealers that really need more GEC knives to sell to get out of the dark days of 2020. I would love to have a GEC#77 in Bloodwood. Bill Howard is a fighter and he is loaded for bear. 2021 will see some great knives ahead.

There are no SFOs anytime soon, I'm not referring to SFO 15 or 77 Barlow's, GEC has produced 77 Yankee Jacks for all dealers and Bloodwood as one option sounds good to me. You might want to reconsider your Barlow comments, those dealers are also small and if they have a contract I don't see an issue and there weren't any Barlow's produced in 2020 so not sure how there're hurting other small dealers in 2020.
Frank

Onearmbladejunkie

Right now , the small dealers need more knives to survive and sell. When a dealer receives 500 knives like Northwoods or Waynorth. That means a smaller dealer has too wait another week long for a new different batch of knives. GEC can only produce 2000 knives a month or quality will go down. So when Northwoods gets to offer 1500 SFO knives a year , plus the regular knives. Yes , that hurts the smaller dealers. SFO knives get the premo scale choices. Every Collector joins the knife frenzy for the rarer knives with the better scale choices , hoping their knife will greatly increase in value. I love Bill Howard. He knows exactly what he is doing. He is trying save his dealer base. 400 pieces per choice is the wonderful number and nobody will get stuck knives. The SFO program is not good for the smaller dealers , because everybody focuses on the best hardest knife to buy. Look at GEC#19 Little Rattler run. Everybody said that knife was too small and it would fail. Bill Howard knows what he is doing. We all need to pray for Bill Howard , the 32 GEC employees , and all of the GEC dealers . Now lets get to the GEC#47 Viper Run 275 pieces per choice. This is hard on every dealer with floods of emails. Bill Howard knows what he is doing. This way every dealer is being hunted for those more rarer knives , not just a select few. Dealers are running out of their NOS inventories . I have been buying as many NOS GEC knives as I can afford. I buy mostly from dealers that support the different Knife Forums. I don't hold grudges . I try to help all the GEC dealers. I am the only collector that gets on the FB GEC and tells everybody where the latest drops are and then removes it after they are gone. I love to help anybody find the knife of their dreams. This helps the collector and the GEC dealer.
Onearmbladejunkie

I want to see a GEC#65 Ben Hogan run . I like more blue knives or white bone so I can dye it blue. A new design Saddle Trapper style knife would be nice. A GEC#69 "Beer Belly" knife would be cool. Frank Frazetta is the "Grand Master of Fantasy Art" (1928 to 2010) I want GEC to make acrylic Frazetta knives with a clear peep magnifying hole that show off his art. These knives will be the hottest GEC sellers. Anything Frazetta goes up in value. Frazetta's "Egyptian Queen" sold for $5,000,000 after fees and taxes. Frazetta has the record sale for any 20th Century Artist.
thVZH1QCE3.jpg
thVZH1QCE3.jpg (23.36 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
thJF70KE7P.jpg
thJF70KE7P.jpg (30.23 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
th90WN5ZLV.jpg
th90WN5ZLV.jpg (11.39 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
thGZB7VZ08.jpg
thGZB7VZ08.jpg (12.94 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
th5BEVWLZS.jpg
th5BEVWLZS.jpg (16.12 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
10154896_1404830769791009_6059457820532840855_n.jpg
Image (5).jpg
ffcolr29.jpg
Death Dealer 4.jpg
Bucking_Broncho_Frank_Frazetta.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

It is time for a #54 run !
541214M-Burnt-Stag.jpg
541214M-Chestnut-Worm-Groove-Jigged-Bone1.jpg
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

54 run is okay with me as long as they include at least one with a punch :D ::tu::
Attachments
419D6524-5C9A-4006-9FA4-C2CB1DE9718D.jpeg
Frank

Rotten

Post by Rotten »

I think a big brother for the 29 pattern would be an interesting knife. Say 4ish inches with maybe a spear main blade.

Mr Howard if you're listening the pattern number should be 41.
Trace
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

anything with some interesting swirly acrylics like they used to make ... so sick of the tortiseshell and blah acrylics they use now.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”