#92 Eureka

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: #92 Eureka

Post by kootenay joe »

Here are two stag #92 pattern knives. I just received the single blade one made in 2014. It is a Beauty ! :D
I am surprised that GEC did not make any single blade Talons with this recent 20129 run. I prefer the single blade version. I also have a 2014 single blade Talon with Che-Chen Rosewood handles; super nice.
kj
Attachments
IMGP8112.JPG
IMGP8113.JPG
IMGP8114.JPG
IMGP8116.JPG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Drop dead gorgeous. The stag on both is just excellent.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The #92 is perhaps my most favorite GEC pattern and is the only one that i have multiple examples of.
I bought my first one in 2013: #922213EC with "Smooth Calico Bone" handles. "EC" = end caps so maybe some were made with no caps ? I have carried this one in a belt sheath.
I have 2 single blade Talon's from 2014, one with "Che Chen Rosewood" and one with "Burnt Stag" with a shield :) The blade profile on these is a bit more slender than on the 2 blade versions.
I have 2 of the recent 2019 release: "Antique Goldenrod Camel Bone" and "Sambar Stag".
I like them all but my favorite of this fine group is the 2014 single blade with Che Chen Rosewood.
kj
Attachments
IMGP8217.JPG
IMGP8219.JPG
IMGP8220.JPG
IMGP8221.JPG
IMGP8222.JPG
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:10 pm The #92 is perhaps my most favorite GEC pattern and is the only one that i have multiple examples of.
I bought my first one in 2013: #922213EC with "Smooth Calico Bone" handles. "EC" = end caps so maybe some were made with no caps ? I have carried this one in a belt sheath.
I have 2 single blade Talon's from 2014, one with "Che Chen Rosewood" and one with "Burnt Stag" with a shield :) The blade profile on these is a bit more slender than on the 2 blade versions.
I have 2 of the recent 2019 release: "Antique Goldenrod Camel Bone" and "Sambar Stag".
I like them all but my favorite of this fine group is the 2014 single blade with Che Chen Rosewood.
kj
Great collection. ::tu::
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:02 am Here are two stag #92 pattern knives.
Both are gorgeous knives KJ, thanks for posting them. I have to say though, the long pull and swell-tip spear of this year’s run looks worlds better.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Love the side by side comparisons of this. I like this pattern too, I guess that’s why I bought so many. Just wanted to say that I think one of the things that GEC does best is wooden handles. I am drawn to all my GEC knives with wooden handles over most other materials. Occasionally there is a bone, stag, Awabi, or pearl that will rise to the top but consistently the wooden handles are my favorites.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

Their wood covers are great. And their bone and their stag and their Micarta .......

Something for everybody. Bone excites me the most. I think the coolest thing about GEC is that Bill Howard produces EVERYTHING. A pattern, blade shape, grind, and cover for everyone. He seems to revive every aspect of traditional knives equally, making his project a restoration of the whole scope of traditional knives.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”