GEC Auctions of Note

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
JoKr

Re: GEC Auctions of Note

Post by JoKr »

_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

ISO #748116 AAPK Forums Knife 2016
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Here is a TC Barlow that is already over 1000 with a few hours to go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115632695529.
Scratted Parchment with a lambsfoot blade, one in the line of the “Ancient” barlows by Charlie Champagne.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:25 pm Here is a TC Barlow that is already over 1000 with a few hours to go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115632695529.
Scratted Parchment with a lambsfoot blade, one in the line of the “Ancient” barlows by Charlie Champagne.
Interesting that it's currently at $1,055.00, and the lead bidder's highest bid is even more than that as evidenced by the fact that he has entered several more bids beyond the current highest bid amount. Guess he must really want this one to be willing to pay that much.

Photo for posterity.
TC Barlow.png
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Granted I haven’t personally seen one of these before so I know it’s a bit rare, but still over 1000 dollars for a production knife that originally costs probably around 100 dollars? I can’t figure out how people think or justify that amount.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:50 am Granted I haven’t personally seen one of these before so I know it’s a bit rare, but still over 1000 dollars for a production knife that originally costs probably around 100 dollars? I can’t figure out how people think or justify that amount.
Each to their own. But paying over a $1000US for a production knife that is not even close to mint condition, i don't think so. It is only a knife, and that is all it is.
wlf

Post by wlf »

cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:37 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:50 am Granted I haven’t personally seen one of these before so I know it’s a bit rare, but still over 1000 dollars for a production knife that originally costs probably around 100 dollars? I can’t figure out how people think or justify that amount.
Each to their own. But paying over a $1000US for a production knife that is not even close to mint condition, i don't think so. It is only a knife, and that is all it is.
They were made to look somewhat used and old , it's mint.
Mine,I may put it in the store. :)
Attachments
GEC ancient barlow  942.jpg
GEC ancient barlow  943.jpg
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Well i have learnt something new today.
knowtracks

Post by knowtracks »

Surprisingly this knife is not even close to rare or even scarce for that matter. Which makes it even more curious to me, there were 150 of those scratted ancient's made!

Dave
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!
knowtracks

Post by knowtracks »

There is another Ancient on evilbay, this time a smooth parchment bone. Still has 7 1/2 days to go and it's @ $910.00! :shock:

Dave
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Would a muscle bone Whaler count as "of note"? There were only 2 when I listed my extra NIT. ::shrug::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125722461787
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Tsar Bomba wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:43 pm Would a muscle bone Whaler count as "of note"? There were only 2 when I listed my extra NIT. ::shrug::

I believe that to be considered "of note" for the purposes of this thread, it depends on what it ends up selling for.

To collectors who like that pattern I would imagine it would be worth quite a bit.

I am curious about your logic for making it a 1-day listing ::hmm::. Seems to me that a 5 or 7 day auction is the optimal amount of time to allow for the maximum number of views and bids since a lot of people who would be interested in your knife may not see it if they don't happen to check eBay on the one day it's up for sale. Just my personal thoughts based on my years of selling on evilBay; but, of course I understand that you may have a different philosophy.

~Q~
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:20 pm I am curious about your logic for making it a 1-day listing ::hmm::. Seems to me that a 5 or 7 day auction is the optimal amount of time to allow for the maximum number of views and bids since a lot of people who would be interested in your knife may not see it if they don't happen to check eBay on the one day it's up for sale. Just my personal thoughts based on my years of selling on evilBay; but, of course I understand that you may have a different philosophy.
Usually they will be set for the whole week. Unfortunately I'm "between lots" at the moment and I won't be able to fulfill shipping for a few days due to work obligations, so I wanted to ensure any listings would end so that I could meet the site's handling time obligations. ::shrug::

When I get back I've got more to sort through but the Whaler is probably the most notable of the GECs still to come. My recent utilitarian turn has ruled out any chance of fully using and enjoying it, so I figured it'd be best to pass on to someone else.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Tsar Bomba wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:32 pm ...it'd be best to pass on to someone else.
Maybe an AAPK member will buy it ::fc::. C'mon all you GEC and/or Whaler collectors...give our brother Tony your support! ::nod:: ::tu::

Here's the link, but you better hurry since there are just a few hours left on the auction! ::uc::

~Q~
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Much appreciated!

Hopefully I'll have some good completed auctions to contribute after I return from my work trip. I don't have time to fulfill any more until afterwards. However if there's anyone interested in my spare Maher & Grosh Texas Ranger smooth bone whittler (335 SB for you sticklers :wink: and built on GEC's 29 frame via SFO), boxed/sleeve/insert/etc., feel free to DM me today or tomorrow so I won't have to list next week. ::tu::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”