Confused

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
boykinlp

Re: Confused

Post by boykinlp »

Everyone, thanks for the information. It seems I asked a question that even some of the experienced collectors are confused about. Big monk, I would love to know the story about how you first found out about Great Eastern Cutlery (PM me if you want). It is really cool to think about getting in on the ground floor. You obviously knew a winner when you saw it!

I have just started knife collecting after many years of gun collecting. I had limited my purchases to stag Case knives. Then.....I started reading about Great Eastern Cutlery. WOW, they make a quality product. I now have bought 2. I have received one already and will get the second one next week. I am trying to learn all I can about them.

BTW, big monk, love your paw avatar! I am a Clemson grad, I live in Greenville, and actually have been to 96.:)
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
big monk

Post by big monk »

Hey Larry -- GO TIGERS !!!!!!!! --- not a grad ,but "DIEHARD FAN" for the last 40++ years -- how about that baseball team this week-in ::ds::

A member of this forum "" Gunstock Jack"" aka Barry Johnson, sorta introduced me to GEC,a few years after the company got started, and I just ran with it -- I fell in love with the #73 pattern and still have a few that I carry most everyday now** ___ I researched,studied,contacted the then few dealers,___ bought a lot of the older knives,before they got really popular** I got very lucky & bought an entire collection from one of the very first dealer's wife after he passed*** ( had quite a few first production,& short run knives in that bunch**) __ I even traded my older 70's, Case knives for the older GEC's*** :)

Where you have been collecting guns for years and now going toward the knives -- I'm the other way around -- have sold most all my GEC's & bought guns ::shrug:: I still visit this great site and keep up with the knife stuff somewhat,but more into other interest now. Lots of good folks on here that will share info & help you with about anything you need. Have a great day my friend, & GO TIGERS !!!!!___ Monk ::tu::
Attachments
Clemson_2.png
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Monk,
The baseball team did have a good weekend series.

You must have had quite a GEC collection. I thought maybe you had a "honey hole" in 96. :shock: What guns are you interested in?

The stag handles that Great Eastern uses is spectacular compared to what other companies use. I can literally look at pictures of stag handled knives for hours. I guess I have a sickness.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
big monk

Post by big monk »

I must like the Browning BAR's ::hmm:: I now have one in just about every caliper,although the first one I acquired in 270 is my favorite**

If you have a hunger for stag -- the GEC stag on the 2008 /2009 /2010 is some of the best years !!! ( the Red Stag was awesome !!! ) Check out some of the photos,I posted during ""my prime"" knifing days :) ____ my favorites were the #72,73,& 23 patterns ::tu::

app.php/gallery/album/133

MONK****
Gunstock Jack

Post by Gunstock Jack »

I still have quite a few early models in my 'assortment' of GEC's. I especially like the older stag and all of the various patterns in various wood covers, which amount to quite a number (thankfully, I don't have 'em all!). ::hmm::
Barry

Great Eastern Cutlery distributor: http://www.gunstockjacksknives.com
Contact me: info@gunstockjacksknives.com
big monk

Post by big monk »

Gunstock Jack wrote:I still have quite a few early models in my 'assortment' of GEC's. I especially like the older stag and all of the various patterns in various wood covers, which amount to quite a number (thankfully, I don't have 'em all!). ::hmm::
Mention a name and_________________________________________________ ::ds::

HEY BARRY !!! *(aka Gunstock Jack ) --- thought I would say hello to my Ol' Friend,since you don't come outa' the woods much :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Long run from Poulsbo,Washington to Ninety Six,South Carolina -- hope you & yours are well -- good to hear from ya' ---- Monk ::tu::

MONK****
Gunstock Jack

Post by Gunstock Jack »

Hey Monk, my old friend! Just got back from the OKCA Knife Show in Eugene. Here I am with Knowtracks and Waynorth:
IMG_6690.JPG
Then, for a break, went and hung out at the beach!
IMG_6740.JPG
Catchin' a few Red Tail Surf Perch:
IMG_6746.JPG
An' diggin' a few Razor Clams!
IMG_6751.JPG
Attachments
IMG_6688.JPG
Barry

Great Eastern Cutlery distributor: http://www.gunstockjacksknives.com
Contact me: info@gunstockjacksknives.com

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”