GEC's #14s

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
a-c

Re: GEC's #14s

Post by a-c »

boykinlp wrote: Do you expect that the stag version of the Cripple Creek and the white bone Lick Creek will come out next week?
The Lick Creek has shipped from GEC according to: https://bladeforums.com/threads/new-14- ... t-18505431

The Cripple Creek stag not listed as completed yet on the GEC blog, ironwood and micarta also not complete yet.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Thanks for everyone's patience.
I can’t hardly wait to get one in my hands.
I just checked USPS tracking, expected delivery Monday for my knives ( :( or :) I waver). Hopefully I can get some mailed out. Getting real anxious myself.

This is not my first SFO, but it is the first of the Lick Creek Cutlery Co stamped knives.

Thanks to all of those who have been supportive now and over the years, especially Charlie C and Bill Howard.

I was all set to post this last night and I don't know what distracted me . I didn't remember until I read this thread this morning.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

boykinlp wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:Doc Holiday once said that my Hypocricy only goes so far Wyatt. Apparentlly my hypocrisy knows no bounds as I said I would pass on this stag 2 Blade 14. As has happenened before though that is not the case and I shall try to rationalize my purchase by noting that rewards points decreased my purchase price to $93 So what else could I do?
It is difficult to pass these up with the awesome sambar stag that ALL these knives seem to have. I am kinda confused though, how come your picture doesn't have a clip point blade? Is this a different year's knife? Thanks.
Larry
Larry that photo was just a stock photo I grabbed from the net. Mine came on Saturday and has the clip and pen blades but I had to leave town this morning and didn't get to take any pics. ::dang::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Finally got mine in. I like the way they turned out.
Attachments
72EABA83-E221-4935-8407-7DB3BD845176.jpeg
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

Lyle
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Yesem, me too Lyle! Looks great from here and can’t wait to hold one in my hands!
Love all Jacks
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

wlf wrote: I just checked USPS tracking, expected delivery Monday for my knives ( :( or :) I waver). Hopefully I can get some mailed out.
Were you able to get some of those jewels out? ::super_happy::
Larry

Each one, teach one.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Expected delivery in CONUS of the first batch ( those contacting me around or before the end of July :) ?) is Friday Larry. Perry’s is in that batch too, and Joe and another guy. :D

Lyle
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Woohoo! Thx Lyle!!
Love all Jacks
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

Wow that Lick Creek looks great! Only bought the Cripple Creek in elderberry from this 14 run..but now wishn' I woulda went for the Lick Creek! 8)
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

wlf wrote:Expected delivery in CONUS of the first batch ( those contacting me around or before the end of July :) ?) is Friday Larry. Perry’s is in that batch too, and Joe and another guy. :D
Thanks for the info, Lyle! Looking forward to their arrival.
Larry

Each one, teach one.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

I have received a few of mine. AAPK and a stag. They are both jewels. My preference is always 2 blade jacks, but Bryan did an outstanding job with his shield and handle choices. ::tu:: Couple Barlow's and Lyle's Lick Creek to go. ::groove::
MVIMG_20181101_181431.jpg
MVIMG_20181101_181328.jpg
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

Here is the stag with a nice S&M. I wanted to grab what I consider a missed opportunity from the late Queen. Can't remember what they called this iteration, but it is based on the exceptional English Gentleman's carved pearl knife. Great knife in its own, pity they're not around anymore.
MVIMG_20181101_181353.jpg
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

A fine little knife is this smooth bone 14.
Attachments
DSCN4105.JPG
DSCN4109.JPG
DSCN4111.JPG
DSCN4116.JPG
DSCN4119.JPG
DSCN4121.JPG
DSCN4124.JPG
DSCN4127.JPG
DSCN4129.JPG
DSCN4137.JPG
Joe
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

She's a beauty.
JET79

Post by JET79 »

Wow, those turned out really nice!
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

I got a surprise when I went to the mailbox today. My stag Cripple Creek from Frank was there. I thought it would be tomorrow at the earliest. It is my first CC ever and I love it. The stag is fantastic, the blades are centered, love the blade etching and unique tang stamps, and the buffalo shield just tops it off. I thought I was done buying the 14's, but after Matt_WY posted the cover with the Canvas Micarta 14, I may not be done yet. I have never had a Micarta knife before. I also see that there is a Desert Ironwood one yet to drop, and I really love my only DI knife, the Whaler, that I have. So, I may have to call him and see if I can get a Micarta and/or Desert Ironwwod one. If any of you hear a loud scream, it will be my wallet!
Larry
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

I love the handles, the shields, the blade etches, the unique tang stamps, the polished blades, the satin blades, the single blades, the 2-blades, the unique tubes, the different stories, the Tidioute knives, the Northfield knives, the SFO knives, and the regular run knives. To put it simply, I love all of the GEC #14 Boy's Knives!
Larry

Here are my 14's: (Click on pictures for a better view)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Very fine display !
kj
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Larry, your Cripple Creek Stag is outstanding!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Thanks for the exposure Joe.

Great haul Larry. Did you get any from 2016?

Lyle
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Railsplitter wrote:Larry, your Cripple Creek Stag is outstanding!
Thanks, Rick. I was very pleased.
wlf wrote:Great haul Larry. Did you get any from 2016?
Lyle, I just started collecting earlier this year so I unfortunately don't have any from 2016. What is the difference between the 2016 and the 2018 versions? Were there as many choices in 2016? Thanks.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Larry
I've not counted. Bill paid my participation with with 25 LC #14s etched and packaged as my label, and I was able to buy 20 extras at the end. 45 total LC labeled knives. That's my picture at two years old on all GEC labeled '16s and my stories in the tubes, I think the Tidioute '18s also. Not sure though. It was the greatest total of any production GEC had ever made.

I know Charlie had several 14 barlows.

The late Derrick Bohn had several choices .

The late Bob Andrews had a rotten banana, that's all I know.

It would be in GEC's totals for '16.

Lyle
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Larry,

2016 was the first run of #14's and forecasting their popularity was impossible so there weren't near as many choices in 2016. After that run the folks at GEC, Lyle, and the other dealers had a better idea of their popularity so they made a lot more on the second run. The primary difference is that all of the 2016's had Spear blades.

Here's a #14 TC Barlow from 2016.
Attachments
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3160.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Smooth Autumn Gold bone. Gets me every @#$%^^&!! time. Mmmmmmmmmmnnnnnn.
Attachments
WP_20181010_048.jpg
WP_20181010_042.jpg
WP_20181010_012.jpg
WP_20181010_002.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow, the 2016 #14 TC Barlow shown above is magnificent, more attractive even that the regular 14's. Any chance i could get one ?
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”