What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

Post by Open Range-19 »

kootenay joe,
Yep, 541214. Like it even better than this 541209 which is no slouch either. Plain Jane has quiet class for my taste.
Attachments
IMG_7633.JPG
IMG_7632.JPG
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

Honest to gosh I keyed "lignum vitae" iPhone is messing with me. In my youth ran across that wood at the remains of a water powered mill in Canada. Able to handle a large bearing made of it. Looked at some wood carvers mallets as well.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

GREAT EASTERN CUTLERY WILL BE MAKING A #93 SWAY-BACK KNIFE IN JUNE. I HOPE SOMEDAY THAT GEC WILL MAKE A SWAY-BACK KNIFE WITH A SINGLE SPEAR BLADE.
56778882223344555667756543.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

A GEC#93 SWAY-BACK SPEAR BLADE WOULD BE A TOP SELLER !
thZ3ZTUB1D.jpg
thZ3ZTUB1D.jpg (34.8 KiB) Viewed 5059 times
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu::
Onearmbladejunkie wrote:A GEC#93 SWAY-BACK SPEAR BLADE WOULD BE A TOP SELLER ! thZ3ZTUB1D.jpg
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The S&M you show is a Curved Jack not a Swayback in which handle curves the other way, concave spine.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

kootenay joe wrote:The S&M you show is a Curved Jack not a Swayback in which handle curves the other way, concave spine.
kj
I was not sure . I am learning ! Thank you so very much. I need correction in my life. I hate being knife stupid ! Thank you sir !!! ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

We all are "knife stupid" to some degree and we all began knowing very little about knives. "Knives" encompass a huge body of knowledge. No one ever learns more than just a fraction of what is out there about knives.
You are not "knife stupid" but more likely just early in the learning curve. And we all learn by making mistakes and having someone correct it for us.
I make mistakes all the time; i.e. i am continually learning thanks to others here.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: A GEC "CURVED JACK-KNIFE" "KENTUCKEY SHINER" "SADDLEHORN" STYLE KNIVES IN SINGLE CLIPBLADE & SPEAR BLADE WOULD BE A TOP SELLER ! 4 TO 4 1/2" closed thZ3ZTUB1D.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

The GEC#44 Gunstock was a big hit in 2018. The GEC#22 Magnum was made in 2014. It is time to bring that knife back in single blade. 2 5/8" closed , this would make a great single blade knife. All of the 2014 22 magnums were made with double blades. It is time for a GEC#22 Magnum in single blade.
221214ec-Stag1.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

The GEC#86s will be released later this year. I want a Northfield single blade #86 smooth oily creek bone with guitar shield. 4/12/2019 was "ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK"'S first release. Put nothing extra on this knife to avoid paying copy rights. Smooth Oily Creek bone , because the rockers oiled their hair. The guitar is the symbol of Rock N Roll ! Make 400 to 500 , so everybody can enjoy one.
861219.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Modern Slip Joints wrote:
Onearmbladejunkie wrote:I want a Great Eastern Cutlery 4 1/4" Gun-boat Canoe with a clip ,a spear , and a wharncliffe blade !
Three back springs for all full length blades or a whittler assembly? I'd buy at least one either way.
If GEC made a gunboat canittler I can promise you I'd go broke on it. ::nod:: ::rotflol::
Onearmbladejunkie wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:The S&M you show is a Curved Jack not a Swayback in which handle curves the other way, concave spine.
I was not sure . I am learning ! Thank you so very much. I need correction in my life. I hate being knife stupid ! Thank you sir !!! ::tu::
Don't feel bad. Queen was a major cutler and they shipped a run of #01 SFOs with the label "sway back" on what is clearly a trapper (or, being generous, a swaybelly jack). Nobody could call the Daniels family or the employees of Queen "knife stupid" with a straight face. ::handshake::
Attachments
2019-05-21_09-08-01.jpg
2019-05-21_09-08-12.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
L0wlife

Post by L0wlife »

any automatic. the single blade 73's that GEC mad for Taylor are soooooooo hard to find
Onearmbladejunkie

kootenay joe wrote:The Daddy Barlow is a rather dull pattern. I can't see the attraction. Maybe you is jokin' ? There are still nice unused Imperial Daddy Barlows from 1960's to fulfill your desire for Daddy B.
kj
I love Grand Daddy Barlows . I bought a few nice NOS and slightly use Schatt & Morgan Grand Daddy Barlow knives in the past. In the last year prices have exploded. The Market is right for a GEC#97 4 3/4" Grand Daddy Barlow knife.
thB4GMCQBR.jpg
thB4GMCQBR.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 4764 times
Onearmbladejunkie

Great Eastern Cutlery is famous for teasing buyers on their web-sight. GEC has a new button design . Looks like GEC might be doing a possible French Kate run this year.
FRENCH-KATE2-768x587.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

Looks like Collectorknives.net will be ordering some more GEC#77 Barlow knives !
IMG_8761.jpg
Thunderwood

Post by Thunderwood »

72 spear. My grail knife.
Onearmbladejunkie

(#22 magnum - single blade) (#23 Bull lock -Trapper liner lock) (#25 easy open little jack) (#42 Missouri Trader Lock back) (#43 Oregon Trader LB) (#44 Buffalo single blade) (#47 Viper) (#55 Hounds tooth) (#56 Bird dog - weaver Jack OE) (#63 Fishtail) (#64 Babylon Hill Special LB SG) (#65 Ben Hogan 1865 LB) (#72 mini lock-back hunter) (#73 Scout LL) (#74 Cotton sampler) (#77 Barlow - single blade) (#78 American Jack single blade) (#83 Tascosa lock-back) (#85 Bullet End Jack EO) ( #86 single blade( (#92 Talon) (#97 Allegheny LB SG) (#99 Wall Street LB)
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

I was just thinking about this subject and I'd like to see GEC make a Clasp knife. I know they would make a great one and I'm sure it would be a big hit with fans. I know I would buy one. Would anybody else? Rich
Onearmbladejunkie

Early next year I want to see another #93 Rams Foot knife run. The #93 Rams Foot will make the best club and forum knives. I want to see a #93 in barky rams horn too.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi Log, what do you mean by "Clasp knife" ? like a Case Sod Buster ? or ?? Post a picture that might be similar to what you are thing of.
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:Looks like AAPK is pulling a sneak on us. I hope they offer this knife after the 3rd. They always wait till the last of the year. Smooth Oily Creek bone would of been a cooler choice. 26A-513x1024.jpg
What the heck does a 976 look like. I've searched the web site with no results.

And I finally came up with a wish knife. I won't get any support on this but I'd like to see them make a Coffin Jack like the Winchester 2921 with fancy bolsters.
Attachments
All Three.jpg
All Three.jpg (53.66 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

Hey KJ, I guess my idea of a Clasp knife would be the same frame as Case's Bulldog/Buffalo Knives. About 5 1/2" closed and almost 10" open. For scaling purposes attached is a pix of a Case Bulldog next to a GEC Missouri. (sorry about the pix, in dog years my camera is older than me!)::handshake:: .....p.s. I like Jerry's idea of a Coffin design too!
DSCN1199.JPG
DSCN1200.JPG
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:Early next year I want to see another #93 Rams Foot knife run. The #93 Rams Foot will make the best club and forum knives. I want to see a #93 in barky rams horn too.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”