GEC And Mammoth Knives To Come

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

GEC And Mammoth Knives To Come

Post by kootenay joe »

Does anyone know if GEC plans to use mammoth ivory for handles on upcoming knives ?
Or, conversely, does anyone know if GEC has decided to not use any more mammoth ivory ?
There are a few members here who do chat with Bill Howard on occasion so they might already know the answer.
I am sure others are wondering the same thing. If there will be no more, that would be a loss and a disappointment.
kj
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: GEC And Mammoth Knives To Come

Post by robbobus »

kootenay joe wrote:Does anyone know if GEC plans to use mammoth ivory for handles on upcoming knives ?
Or, conversely, does anyone know if GEC has decided to not use any more mammoth ivory ?
There are a few members here who do chat with Bill Howard on occasion so they might already know the answer.
I am sure others are wondering the same thing. If there will be no more, that would be a loss and a disappointment.
kj

Would also make existing GEC branded mammoth knives more desirable likely.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Buy the GEC knife of your dreams. Contact Jeffery Mitchill on Facebook from Andulasia , Alabama . He is a master blade smith and he can apply the scales to your knife. I bought a $90 set of master grade KOA fiddleback wood scales. I will get him to make a one arm left handed old school "wash-board jigged" knife for me.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

What is a: "one arm left handed old school "wash-board jigged" knife" ?
There are quite a few very good knife customizers here who can put mammoth or ivory handles on a GEC knife. As for value, only the GEC knives that are 'all original' stand a chance of increasing in value. Once you re-handle a GEC knife most collectors do not want it even if they like the 'after-market' mammoth handles.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”