GEC#93 Ram's Foot knife PPP 2019

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Doc B

Re: GEC#93 Ram's Foot knife PPP 2019

Post by Doc B »

For the moment... in stock Micarta...at GP knives
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Doc B wrote:For the moment... in stock Micarta...at GP knives
I checked within about 30 minutes of your post and they're gonzo. There's just no way of telling what GEC patterns are going to be hot sellers. A certain distributor who shows all their knives setting up on rough rocks has them in stock right now, but I don't want a brand new knife with rock scratches all over it. I'm holding out again.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Who is the 'rocky' dealer ?
kj
Airborne 1

Post by Airborne 1 »

My guess ,he's talking about Frank and as of now he's out. :(
C/2/505PIR 11B4P 68-69 (RVN)
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

kootenay joe wrote:Who is the 'rocky' dealer ?
kj
Roland, I don't want to say anything that could be construed as critical about a specific distributor, but it's a dealer in pocket knives that are mostly traditional.
Airborne 1 wrote:My guess ,he's talking about Frank and as of now he's out. :(
Nope, it's not Frank. I haven't seen you around here before. Welcome, Airborne!

Did anyone else anticipate that the humble #39 would fly off the dealers' shelves like this? I'm quite surprised at the customer response. I mean, the sheepsfoot is one of my most used blades, but I just didn't think people would clamor after them like this. Perhaps GEC will meet the demand with more knives with sheepsfoot main blades.

- Lee
Airborne 1

Post by Airborne 1 »

Thanks for the welcome Monk.I've been around for a little while. I chose him because, well,the knife is pictured with a rock ! Not being critical,I'm sure the knife we'll get is New in tube. ::tu::
C/2/505PIR 11B4P 68-69 (RVN)
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

TSA Knives had them in stock about one hour ago. I bought one for $69.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

m0nk wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:Who is the 'rocky' dealer ?
kj
Roland, I don't want to say anything that could be construed as critical about a specific distributor, but it's a dealer in pocket knives that are mostly traditional.
Airborne 1 wrote:My guess ,he's talking about Frank and as of now he's out. :(
Nope, it's not Frank. I haven't seen you around here before. Welcome, Airborne!

Did anyone else anticipate that the humble #39 would fly off the dealers' shelves like this? I'm quite surprised at the customer response. I mean, the sheepsfoot is one of my most used blades, but I just didn't think people would clamor after them like this. Perhaps GEC will meet the demand with more knives with sheepsfoot main blades.

- Lee
I for one, would love to see more sheepsfoot blade knives. They are good old hard working knife blades.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Just a question. I am new to the forum and have found it very interesting reading about the new release Lambsfoot GEC knife. They were in short supply and some members got one and others missed out. How do you find out about them and go about purchasing one, can you be placed on waiting list to purchase these sort of releases? Interested and curious. :D :?
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Trying to snag a new GEC release has become very competitive. There is a rush you feel as you are trying to be at dealer site the second the release opens to buyers. You have to grab one and checkout immediately and hope someone did not scoop you by 1 millionth of a second. First to complete checkout wins.
Not all releases are like that but are if mammoth, giraffe, stag or rams horn is an option. You need a fast internet connection. Hicks in the boonies are the loosers in this feeding frenzy.
I am slow boony internet guy. Someone more adept might talk about waiting list, etc.
Always some ebay flippers score multiple knives (How ?) and then you can buy one for double the price the very next day.
If you are a trader on stock exchange floor you might be pretty good at this.
kj
Edit: i just saw you are in Australia. Even the fastest internet connection will be slower than a USA internet user. You will need luck to get one of the high demand releases.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

The dealer who shows his knives with rocks is a vet and a very stand-up guy. All the knives he sells are new and unmarked. I’ve bought a number from him. All are perfect. If anyone should have an issue I have no doubt he would take care of it. In fact, he is my go to dealer.

Assumptions can be harmful.
BAX229

Post by BAX229 »

MichaelScott wrote:The dealer who shows his knives with rocks is a vet and a very stand-up guy. All the knives he sells are new and unmarked. I’ve bought a number from him. All are perfect. If anyone should have an issue I have no doubt he would take care of it. In fact, he is my go to dealer.

Assumptions can be harmful.
Well said! I've ordered many knives from this dealer and will back him any day.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

GP Knives SFO I just received my in stock notification email. "SOLD OUT !" I never had a chance ! Baw ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
56778882223344555667756543.jpg
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

That blue bone is very attractive. Any know if it’s an SFO or a standing Northfield?
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

HighPlains wrote:That blue bone is very attractive. Any know if it’s an SFO or a standing Northfield?
I believe that is a SFO for Olde Towne Cutlery.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I like the look of the Waynorth ones, especially with jigged bone. I bet they will be in high demand. Does GEC reveal how many knives an SFO entails ?
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

kootenay joe wrote:I like the look of the Waynorth ones, especially with jigged bone. I bet they will be in high demand. Does GEC reveal how many knives an SFO entails ?
kj
Roland they do but it will be many months before it gets posted in the production totals. Charlie would probably tell you. :D
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Picked this 93 up and decided to make it a user.
This time of year, Fredericksburg, has some of the best peaches, to be found anywhere. About an hour NW of San Antonio, the Mrs and I went up for lunch and to go to one of the local growers. We picked up 7lbs of "seconds". Mama's working on the cobbler now!
The 93 is exceptional at the task of peeling and dicing things. The peaches really jump started the patina. I really like this knife.
IMG_1413.jpg
IMG_1415.jpg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Peach cobbler! Yummy! ::tu:: Knice Knife to Doc. ::nod::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

kootenay joe wrote:I like the look of the Waynorth ones, especially with jigged bone. I bet they will be in high demand. Does GEC reveal how many knives an SFO entails ?
kj
I think Charlie stated there were 500, I don't know what the breakdown was between bone and ebony.

I lucked out and got 1 of each, been laid up with a bum knee and sitting in front of the computer all day.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Good for you JohnR. I hope one day to get a jigged bone Waynorth #93.
Those peaches look so good, like they ripened on the tree. It is too wet for peaches where i am (Peach leaf curl) and the ones that will be in the stores in about a month are always rock hard and not that good when they soften. Harvest too long before being ripe.
kj
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

kootenay joe wrote:Good for you JohnR. I hope one day to get a jigged bone Waynorth #93.
Those peaches look so good, like they ripened on the tree. It is too wet for peaches where i am (Peach leaf curl) and the ones that will be in the stores in about a month are always rock hard and not that good when they soften. Harvest too long before being ripe.
kj
We have a relatively short window, for getting good peaches. Generally the month of June. Usually after the 4th of July, they are pretty much done. You're right about being ripened on the tree. The "seconds" were $10, for 7 lbs and taste just as good as the pretty ones. The pretty ones were $22 for 7 lbs. You don't get any, remotely as good as these, in the store.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Oily Creek Bone in at CK for those who Early Reserved.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”