GEC#93 Ram's Foot knife PPP 2019

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: GEC#93 Ram's Foot knife PPP 2019

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

These Northfield #93s were finished up this week. Oily Creek bone #93s are still being shipped out next week. There are some dealers that have not received natural canvas micarta #93s yet. Keep searching GEC dealer web-sights every day for weeks ahead. GEC is making 600 pieces of each and 100 pieces of SFO knives. Sales manager : Chris Tucker is gone , GEC is doing their best.
9876444434.jpg
IMG_8695.jpg
IMG_8697.jpg
IMG_8699.jpg
IMG_8704.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Can anyone confirm the time zone of Olde Towne Cutlery? When I look up the city and state for Dawsonville Georgia it says Eastern, sound right?
Their email left that vital information out.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Can anyone confirm the time zone of Olde Towne Cutlery? When I look up the city and state for Dawsonville Georgia it says Eastern, sound right?
Their email left that vital information out.
That's correct Mark!
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I just received an email from KSF saying the #93 with cocobolo handles had just arrived. I went straight to KSF and already sold out. My email gets updated every 30 minutes so it could be this message from KSF sat in the server while others received it and snapped them up.
This need to buy immediately has never before been a part of knife collecting. I think some of this overwhelming demand is generated by the thrill of competing against others rather than solely a desire for the knife.
I get enjoyment from being able to carefully consider a knife before deciding to buy it. For example my ivory #33 "Conductor" actually sat in the dealer's site for over 24 hours while i considered it before buying it. I think those days of careful considerate buying are gone forever with GEC.
I am lucky i was interested in GEC knives before the hordes descended. And many of the early knives are some of the best.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Okay, it’s official, I’m cursed when it comes to getting a 93 In Cocobolo. I have missed everyone of these. Something occupies me for too long and I get back to my email and poof they are gone already. Man, knifing is hard work!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Yeah, I didn't see the email until 35 minutes after it arrived. Gone, Gone, Gone.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

No hope over here, with the miiliseconds it takes a computer to register in USA, all gone within 1 min of listing. But there are alot worse things can go wrong other than missing a knife. Praying for Mike Latham's son. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "there are alot worse things can go wrong other than missing a knife."
Yes ! Although we feel disappointed when we repeatedly miss getting a GEC knife on a scale of 1-10 for significant life events this barely ranks as a "1".
We all should keep this in mind because it is not worth getting upset about.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

The Northfield #93 antique autumn jigged bone knives are being made right now. Contact Franks Classic Knives and get on a pre-order reserve today !
66496064_10217858918317119_3189327780684759040_n.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Curse is lifted. KSF got more of the Cocobolo in today and I was lucky enough to get one this time. Sweet.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I receive emails from a number of GEC dealers alerting me that a new 'batch' of GEC knives have just been listed. With this #93 i have checked the dealers' sites as soon as i saw the email which could be from 5 minutes to a few hours after it landed in my in-box. In every case they are sold out.
My email gets updated from the server every 30 minutes so even if i check the dealer site as soon as i receive the email, it will most likely be sold out.
GEC's have been selling out fast for 2-3 years now but i sense an increase in selling speed to 'ultra fast'. Likely this is due to the ubiquitous spread of mobile smart phones. I do not have one but i know it allows for instant arrival of an email or text with a sound to let you know it has arrived. Hence within a few seconds you can buy and pay for a new GEC knife. Those of us who sit in front of a computer are shut out.
This is not a complaint. It is an observation of how society just made a quantum change. There is an ever increasing need to do things fast. There is far less time to contemplate or even be aware of the actual environment that surrounds you whether family or woods. I see this as a loss for humanity.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

You are correct kj. Everything is changing faster than before. I was fortunate to have just opened my email and the latest 93 was in and got there right away and got one, 4th time is the charm I guess. When CK put up the early reserve last night for the Barlow’s I went just as fast as I could to the Early Reserve system, it was slow loading but squeezed in just at the last. I was as fast as my internet connection would allow and I almost missed it. With these last few knives I have seen a change, if you aren’t looking at your email when-it comes in and drop whatever you are doing and get to the site just as fast as possible, you don’t have a prayer getting one. For that I am grateful for the secondary sellers who flip theirs, at least I can get the knife I want to add to the collection, albeit at a higher price.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I think the only sane and fair way to deal with the frantic scramble for knives that will quickly sell out is for dealers to let buyers sign up for a lottery ticket, one per person. After release, draw tickets at random until the knives are sold.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

MS i agree a lottery would be fair. Everyone who wanted the knife would have a chance. However there is no incentive for this to happen. From a dealer's perspective, selling out in 2 minutes is a dream come true. For a dealer it could not get any better, so they won't mess with the current system.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

I was surfing on Franks Classic Knives web-sight. I spotted a #93 Rams-foot Oily Creek Bone knife that had been sold. I was a really dark one , so I know that he just got in from GEC. So I went GEC knife hunting on the web. Blue Creek Cutlery had a few NOS GEC goodies. I bought their #93 Rams-foot Oily Creek Bone knife and BCC even had a second one for sale. BCC had an #86 Oil Field Jack Oil Sucker Rod wood and a #81 Moose Osage Orange wood with a rare knothole . There goes half of my #23 Trapper money I had saved up.
tidioute-cutlery-oily-creek-bone-ram-foot-9.jpg
tidioute-cutlery-oily-creek-bone-ram-foot-9.jpg (21.54 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
tidioute-cutlery-oily-creek-bone-ram-foot-10.jpg
tidioute-easy-pocket-congress-284.jpg
tidioute-easy-pocket-congress-284.jpg (24.19 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
tidioute-cutlery-osage-orange-wood-bull-moose-68.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”