#12 Small Toothpick

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: #12 Small Toothpick

Post by gsmith7158 »

JohnR wrote:Very nice pair of knives there Greg.
Thanks John! :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Greg, the stag toothpick is nice and the mammoth is Super Nice!.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

RalphAlsip wrote:Greg, the stag toothpick is nice and the mammoth is Super Nice!.
Thanks Jerry! ::handshake::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Got mine yesterday. I think I like the stag on the back better than on the front. Didn’t have a choice of stag by the time I got the email from CK, but I’m pretty pleased with it. I still like the camel bone and the red bone better.
SSk
That Stag on the front scales is wicked ! I bought a Sambar toothpick from KnivesShipFree and it looks like it is going to have a baby stag pin knife. "PHAT" I bought two slender Sambar Stag Toothpicks from CK. There was 6 available. There is 2 available when I last checked. I got to choose and there is a choice between the two left. You did wonderful , enjoy that knife. I bought the phat sambar because having one arm , I can stick this #12 between my knees and open it right up. I have 3 GEC knives coming in tomorrow and another on Thursday. I am excited.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

9887777723.jpg
GE128119CH-1-600x450.jpg
GE128119CH-2-600x450.jpg
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

I saw these new 4" toothpicks from GEC & thought they might sell out before I broke down & got one. Well, I broke down first.
2019 Northfield UN-X-LD #128119 Toothpick with 1095 & Copperhead Pony Cut jigged bone
2019 Northfield UN-X-LD #128119 Toothpick with 1095 & Copperhead Pony Cut jigged bone
I would prefer a little more color in the bone near each bolster but, in my opinion, the color in the one I got is well-balanced end-to-end & front-to-back & I'm happy with it. I also have a 2009 & I believe they're comparable in their fit & finish. Each has alignment that is right-on & each tang fits tight & smoothly to the spring when open. The spring on the 2009 is just a little stronger but the 2019 is fine & I think it has a pleasant snap both ways. The blade stock looks the same, to me, & the swedge on the 2009 is the only big difference I see. But just because they are both right in front of me doesn't mean I see everything so here they are side-by-side.
GECtoothpickb.jpg
GECtoothpickc.jpg
geocash
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I said I would be able to save money, in retirement, by cutting back on going out to eat and buying knives. I've done pretty well at the eating thing...
I said that I wasn't really interested in this pattern and wouldn't be getting one...
It's all a blur, how I got here... ::facepalm::
IMG_1403.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Doc B wrote:I said I would be able to save money, in retirement, by cutting back on going out to eat and buying knives. I've done pretty well at the eating thing...
I said that I wasn't really interested in this pattern and wouldn't be getting one...
It's all a blur, how I got here... ::facepalm::
IMG_1403.jpg
That sounds like a familiar scenario Doc! :D Knice Knives! ::nod::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”