2020 GEC#62 Easy Carver Tidioute/F&F

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: 2020 GEC#62 Easy Carver Tidioute/F&F

Post by kootenay joe »

Looks like the only difference is Farm & Field is a shadow pattern, i.e. no bolsters. The only reason must be to give the customer a choice of which look they prefer. Although bolsters add a bit of weight (not much), I think it makes for a stronger knife and with bone handles, less likely to crack when dropped onto a hard surface.
The only reason I can see for buying the F & F version is because you like the looks better.
What do you think about these 2 'Carvers' ?
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Easy Pocket Carver #62 Cocobolo & white bone on the production line.
IMG_1431.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1382.jpg
IMG_1381.jpg
IMG_1366.jpg
IMG_1365-1.jpg
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1331.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

kootenay joe wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:58 pm Looks like the only difference is Farm & Field is a shadow pattern, i.e. no bolsters. The only reason must be to give the customer a choice of which look they prefer. Although bolsters add a bit of weight (not much), I think it makes for a stronger knife and with bone handles, less likely to crack when dropped onto a hard surface.
The only reason I can see for buying the F & F version is because you like the looks better.
What do you think about these 2 'Carvers' ?
kj
Although I see your point, I doubt many of them of either version will ever see pocket time, much less be dropped onto a hard surface. If they are dropped they’re likely still in the box when it happens. ::hmm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

I prefer the bolsters. If I get one it's going to be used for carving.
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Well looks like getting one might be hard to come by. One dealer got some and they said they were gone in under 5 min. Anyone here get one yet? Or do you have yours reserved?
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Doug51 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:15 pm Well looks like getting one might be hard to come by. One dealer got some and they said they were gone in under 5 min. Anyone here get one yet? Or do you have yours reserved?
Doug, I missed all the drops yesterday. By the time I got the email they were all gone. I was relieved when I got an email from Mike Latham at CK that he had one for me reserved. These are turning out to be a very hot knife.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:29 pm
Doug51 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:15 pm Well looks like getting one might be hard to come by. One dealer got some and they said they were gone in under 5 min. Anyone here get one yet? Or do you have yours reserved?
Doug, I missed all the drops yesterday. By the time I got the email they were all gone. I was relieved when I got an email from Mike Latham at CK that he had one for me reserved. These are turning out to be a very hot knife.
Good to hear your getting one. I really like it. I really like to carve with a pocket knife and these look like they would work nicely. Unfortunately the seem to be highly collectable.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

There will be plenty more coming. GEC stages their new releases now, spreading it out over a few weeks. This way everyone who wants one ends up getting one from a dealer.
The smooth white bone looks very nice. Hope they will not have little brown dots visible. ( "AHHH ! ::tear:: my knife has blackheads")
kj
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

I hope so, kj, sure would like to get a hold of one. I did pick up a #62 easy pocket 'blood red' and look forward to finding a pocket carver for the increased thickness (less fatigue on the hands after prolonged use). The 'fat' stag EP #62's would make nice comfy users too ...

the #62's make great lil' whittlers for these 1" practice blocks ...
IMG_0516.JPG
Don
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"Practice blocks" ::woot:: Those people on top of the posts look like the locals here. Amazing talent ! Wow !
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Hey Don, good to see you posting and also to see some of your little fellows. Good luck on getting one of the 62 carvers. ::nod:: ::tu::
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

Thank you, gentlemen ... ::handshake::
Don
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

carvin don wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:04 am I hope so, kj, sure would like to get a hold of one. I did pick up a #62 easy pocket 'blood red' and look forward to finding a pocket carver for the increased thickness (less fatigue on the hands after prolonged use). The 'fat' stag EP #62's would make nice comfy users too ...

the #62's make great lil' whittlers for these 1" practice blocks ...

IMG_0516.JPG
Wow those are nice carvings! If I can't get one of the pocket carvers I'm going to get the EP#62. It looks like a nice size for carving.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

The GEC Easy Carver hit 2 places yesterday and with-in minutes gone I didn't get one ::dang:: ::dang::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I didn't either. Now to keep an eye out.
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Was able to get one today. Got a notice from DLT and they didn't last long.
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

Congratulations, Doug ::tu:: ... no luck here yet.

Boy, trying to buy one of these is like buying milk & bread during a blizzard ... :lol:
Don
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

carvin don wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:46 pm Congratulations, Doug ::tu:: ... no luck here yet.
I might try to get another just to collect. If I do and you don't end up getting one let me know and I'll let you buy it. I can't let a fellow carver go without one
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

:lol: ... thanks for the kind offer, Doug. I ain't givin' up just yet. But if worse comes to worse, we can talk :lol:
Don
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

carvin don wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:17 pm :lol: ... thanks for the kind offer, Doug. I ain't givin' up just yet. But if worse comes to worse, we can talk :lol:
GEC is still dumping out Sambar Stag #62 knives out to dealers. More White bone #62 still need to go out this coming week. Second batches will be sent out soon. I post availability of knives on FB Great Eastern Cutlery. Most Dealers have sold them before they ever came in. Keep trying ! Cocobolo #62 Pockets Carvers are next.
620320-Smooth-White-Bone2.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”