GEC Enthusiasm

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
wingerac
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: GEC Enthusiasm

Post by wingerac »

KJ - I know exactly how you feel. Although I was much later to the GEC circus (only about 2 years now) my enthusiasm has waned during the past few months. I do think it's a bit of depression from Covid, the political climate, etc. coupled with many of us not seeing our family and friends nearly as much as we'd like. Knives (and the frenzy we go through to get GEC knives in particular) don't seem quite so important.

Just last week, I considered selling all but a few of my knives. My wife actually suggested I wait a bit to be sure that's what I want to do. Boy - she had her chance and blew it!

At a minimum, I'll be more selective going forward and I'm only allowing myself to buy one knife per drop - Maximum - and that's only if it really interests me. Last year at this time I would have jumped all over that 35 Bar Tool Knife but now I'll politely pass and save my bullet for another 35 that will hopefully come along soon that I know I'll carry and use.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I love my GEC Dealer. He is an AAPKs supporter and seller. Mr. Frank of Franks Classic Knives really looks out for me. He retired from his job in Florida and He moved to Waynesville , NC. Mr. Frank counted over 3,500 plus knives after unpacking. He decided to start selling knives at Gun & Knife shows for the first time. And he sells knives on the internet only now. He was a Queen/Schatt & Morgan dealer and then he jumped on the GEC band wagon. He is the only dealer that calls me on the phone and talks about knives. He is the kind of friend you want in Heaven. He is 75 years old and he is sharp as a tack ! He really wants everybody to receive the knives of their dreams. We all get disgusted buying knives and we get spoiled too. Great Eastern Cutlery and CASE XX knives took a big hit this year. GEC has 32 employees. Keeping a small business running ,fighting the government , and a virus is tough. GEC is out of Bovine Cattle bone. The BS never stops. Let's all pray for everybody at GEC. Bill Howard must be under Krazy pressure , I hope he does not have a stroke or a heart attack. Bill Howard is a Patriot and a job creator. GEC & Zippo/ CASE XX is fighting for their lives right now. "Business is War !" Bill Howard is not trying to be a jerk , he is doing the best he can. I am buying American ! If I can't buy the traditional knives that I am seeking , I will and have ordered a custom fixed blade 52100 steel knife. "Buy American or Starve !" I am up to 86 GEC knives ,right now. We are so blessed right now that we can even buy knives , right now. Most collectors are worried about feeding their families and not losing everything that they own. If you are online just looking at knives , you are blessed. I got really disgusted buying knives in 2018 & 2019. I mellowed out in 2020. I really changed my attitude after the shut down and all this virus craziness. I am in for five different GEC knives right now. I bought all NOS GEC that I wanted to catch up on during the shut down. Knives are my escape from crazy phantom pain and this crazy world we live in. Don't let the world steal your joy ! I have faith that some wonderful knives are coming ahead. The dealers are selling out all of the new knives coming in and that is a good thing.
877800033327.png
Onearmbladejunkie

Y4T8Njw.jpg
A #74 AAPK 2020 member knife is coming !
Onearmbladejunkie

Black Teal Natural Bone GEC#19 Little Rattler
uMuCoMx (1).jpg
wlf

Post by wlf »

Apparently GEC made AAPK knife interest isn’t waning. ::nod::
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”