Less Interest in GEC Knives ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
cudgee

Re: Less Interest in GEC Knives ?

Post by cudgee »

I have been wondering the same thing lately, seems to be less action on AAPK, you have given a very good reason why this may be so.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Buckibbq wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:33 pm Gauging by the participation of folks in GEC related Facebook groups, I don’t think popularity has waned. Maybe just less interest in AAPK in general? The GEC Rendezvous is coming up in a couple weeks and I’m expecting it to be the largest attended in the history of the company. I think GEC interest is at an all time high at the moment.
I don't 'do' Facebook so this is new info for me. And i think Facebook is likely a better indicator of popularity of GEC knives than is AAPK which is a much smaller and more selective group of people.
So based on this information GEC knives are still in high demand even though the interest here at AAPK has lessened. Sounds like the bubble has not burst but is still going strong.
Buckibbq, thank you for your helpful post.
kj
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

My interest in GEC hasnt gone down. I've been able to get most of the ones I want with out having to go to the secondary market. I never have posted very much here as when I'm on AAPK I'm usually more focused on the older knife companies and forget GEC has a forum here. ::dang::
David
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

My interest in GEC in general has never been particularly strong. I love most of the GECs I own, but because I carry / use all the knives I own I am only drawn to the patterns and handles that work for me as EDCs, and those are few. Just as well I guess, since my wallet screams obscenities at me every time I buy one.

I do think they’re top shelf tools, I just wish they had a few more offerings that appealed to me, and were a little easier to obtain.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

GEC have announced a new upcoming release, an #86 Angus Jack in a dark and light ebony. Will be interesting to see how popular this model is. It has a sheepsfoot and small spear blade, after a few of their latest releases being fairly easily available to anyone who really wanted one this will be very interesting. Some people were put off by the prices of their last 2 releases according to posts i read. I suspect this may be different, it is probably the first time they have released a really traditional knife under their own brand for a while now. But that is only my thoughts. ::doh:: :)

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”