Who is excited about the upcoming 68?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Rimfirekyle

Who is excited about the upcoming 68?

Post by Rimfirekyle »

Whose ready for a pony 68? I'll probably try for a white owl, but sit the rest of the run out. Small, clip blades, and multi blades are all "not my thing" , but I'm open to being surprised.
Attachments
GEC-ILLUSTRATED-1 (1).jpg
mightyzaa3

Re: Who is excited about the upcoming 68?

Post by mightyzaa3 »

hope you can find one. i gave up hope. but at the same time, not trying super hard with GEC anymore.
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

Pretty knife, and I love cigar frames. It’s hard for me to get excited though. ::tired::

Several showed up on eBay last week. Once again the flippers used technology (or probably under the table deals) to snap them up. ::td::

The GEC circus has become ridiculous, and I’m pretty much over it. I love the GECs I have, but I won’t participate in the insanity.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:48 pm Pretty knife, and I love cigar frames. It’s hard for me to get excited though. ::tired::

Several showed up on eBay last week. Once again the flippers used technology (or probably under the table deals) to snap them up. ::td::

The GEC circus has become ridiculous, and I’m pretty much over it. I love the GECs I have, but I won’t participate in the insanity.
I'll echo Willie. I'll just leave the dogs in the kennel. Hard to get excited about something you know you don't have a snowball's chance of getting.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Rimfirekyle

Post by Rimfirekyle »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:48 pm Pretty knife, and I love cigar frames. It’s hard for me to get excited though. ::tired::

I saw some listed before they were supposedly sent to dealers..... and unfortunately some dealers are now selling on ebay....
That's not ok.

I still love GECs and to me..... the difficulty of the chase makes me like them more. It's a part of the fun for me ....

Il
Rimfirekyle

Post by Rimfirekyle »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm

I'll echo Willie. I'll just leave the dogs in the kennel. Hard to get excited about something you know you don't have a snowball's chance of getting.
It seems a few always show up in the FB groups for a small premium after the drops.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

I get some, I miss some, luck of the draw. I will be lucky on these as I have one of each reserved. I have been "fortunate" lately in procuring. I say fortunately as Ii have been convalescing after tearing 3 ligaments in my ankle and can't drive or work. So I sit at home and watch tv with my phone in hand and get lucky from time to time. It's a small company and the masses have noticed for better or worse, gone are the days of dozens of pages of individually listed knives and patterns at our favourite retailers. I would ad, in jest, if you don't remember these days that you are part of the problem and should back off. My condolences to the other long term collectors. :D
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Rimfirekyle wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:55 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm

It seems a few always show up in the FB groups for a small premium after the drops.
But I don't do Facebook. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I like it, but would I actually be able to buy one? . . . that's the Million dollar question. ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:00 pm I like it, but would I actually be able to buy one? . . . that's the Million dollar question. ::shrug::
Sure you will be able to buy one, the price however from what I've seen may not be ideal :D . I like it , sounds like they will be on the distributor sites pretty soon, extracting one from there is the question, whose internet is the fastest or whatever. That clip blade is pretty impressive I like the look of the long pull, and of course the wood is very pleasing to the eye.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Coinfolio wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:43 pm
1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:00 pm I like it, but would I actually be able to buy one? . . . that's the Million dollar question. ::shrug::
Sure you will be able to buy one, the price however from what I've seen may not be ideal :D . I like it , sounds like they will be on the distributor sites pretty soon, extracting one from there is the question, whose internet is the fastest or whatever. That clip blade is pretty impressive I like the look of the long pull, and of course the wood is very pleasing to the eye.

I can't have exorbitant knife prices cutting into my entertainment funds! 🍻 ::super_happy::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

One less a beer a day for a month or so and you have paid for the knife! :wink:
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Coinfolio wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 pm One less a beer a day for a month or so and you have paid for the knife! :wink:
Which begs the question, "What's the cost of a beer these days?"
I haven't had one since '94.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Coinfolio wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 pm One less a beer a day for a month or so and you have paid for the knife! :wink:
Yes, but beer is a lot easier to procure than a GEC, so why miss out on both. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:54 pm
From the grocery store, for say Pelican Kiwanda Cream Ale, about 1.75 a bottle. From a bar probably about 3$. Saw your USAF tagline, my son is in. He loves it
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

cudgee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:56 pm
Yes, but beer is a lot easier to procure than a GEC, so why miss out on both. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
Ideally that is the answer, just don't mumblypeg the GEC while imbibing the beer!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Coinfolio wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:09 pm
Steve Warden wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:54 pm
From the grocery store, for say Pelican Kiwanda Cream Ale, about 1.75 a bottle. From a bar probably about 3$. Saw your USAF tagline, my son is in. He loves it
What's he doing, and where?
Thank him for his service for me.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I like your thinkin', cudgee! 😉👍🍻

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:29 pm

I like your thinkin', cudgee! 😉👍🍻
:wink:

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”