side trip to GEC this AM

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
robpa

side trip to GEC this AM

Post by robpa »

Had to deliver a driving harness this AM and on way back detoured thru Titusville. So obviously GEC was the target. picked up a nice stag Shafer farm whittler, a ivory (plastic) yeti trapper and a pioneer bone Sheffieldjack. saw the micarta hawkbill, its ok but no interest to me. Bill came in and yakked for about 45 minutes, best part of that was a nice discount and a GEC hat he tossed in. I even got out of there with some green still in my pocket! Also gleaned a lot of info. Tipped me off where to get some Winchestrs. Also confirmed he made the Parker Golden Age line of knives. My neighbor was his boss at Queen. he and Joan are really great folks to chat with. He just wouldnt divulge any secrets, only generally, whats in the works. weve bugged him for a swing gaurd but it isnt likely to happen, too much time involved and they need production. He did make some years ago, nice. I could spend all day lookin at the walls full of all the past and present proddction, ho man!
313 Mike

Re: side trip to GEC this AM

Post by 313 Mike »

Very cool post. Sounds like a great visit. Must have been interesting talking to Bill. What's this about Winchesters..?
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
robpa

Post by robpa »

Thw Winchester tip was bust, all gone. Franks Classic Knives. But hes got some fine Case classics on hand as well as other goodies.
CarbonStag

Post by CarbonStag »

Sucks about the swing guard knives, really like swing guards. would be a grail for me ::tear::
CarbonStag

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”