Snatched up 16 GEC's in past month -- Ouch

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
centennialknives
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Snatched up 16 GEC's in past month -- Ouch

Post by centennialknives »

Before and after joining AAPK, I've been learning about brands other than Case, which has been my focus for about 20 years.

After learning about Queen, Queen Classics, and then Great Eastern, I thought I'd buy one, here on AAPK, and check it out. Stunning. It's the green 38 special shown in pics. BTW, yes, I picked up a few Queens and will be doing so again soon. I looked on ebay (which is evilbay according to the wife), and got in touch with a guy moving back to his home country of Hungary. He has bought/sold knives for years here in US, and was selling a large part of his collection before moving home. I snagged a few on normal auctions. Even more stunning. In all, in the past month, I picked up 4 here on AAPK and 12 from this Hungarian fellow. We talked several times on the phone, and I ended up buying outright a chunk of them.

So, I have 8 in hand and another 8 will be here in a few days. I'm tapped out. And I don't regret it. **Yes, I do have the tubes -- not shown!!! Now to save a few bucks for the Janesville, WI knife show in late March. And yes, the wife knows I'm going!

Patterns I've purchased:

381117 - shown
818222 YB - shown
462218 - shown
922219 - shown
488217 - shown
976119 - shown
861219 - shown
748117 - shown
251208 LPJ
656111EC
976119 S
Attachments
IMG_4839-x.JPEG
IMG_4840-x.JPEG
IMG_4841-x.JPEG
Robert
Washington, IL (near Peoria)
"Always keep an edge on your knife 'cause a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life." - Corb Lund
robpa

Re: Snatched up 16 GEC's in past month -- Ouch

Post by robpa »

Its a bad habit, this knife collecting. I used to collect guns for years. Mostly Older Rugers and pre garcia sako deluxe. That was a very expensive hobby but when I sold I realized a fair to excellent profit on every one. I will never realize any gain on the knives because I am gonna die with em. Probably have spent as much in 3 years as I paid for my truck! First thing every morning I grab a coffee and come down to the trophy room, switch on the lights in the display cases and look at these things. I believe its the best hobby Ive had other than breeding my bantams. My problem with GEC is that I live to damn close to the place!! I snag a lot of Queen made knives which so far outnumber the GEC.
You have a real nice set of knives there.
centennialknives
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by centennialknives »

robpa wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:12 pm Its a bad habit, this knife collecting. I used to collect guns for years. Mostly Older Rugers and pre garcia sako deluxe. That was a very expensive hobby but when I sold I realized a fair to excellent profit on every one. I will never realize any gain on the knives because I am gonna die with em. Probably have spent as much in 3 years as I paid for my truck! First thing every morning I grab a coffee and come down to the trophy room, switch on the lights in the display cases and look at these things. I believe its the best hobby Ive had other than breeding my bantams. My problem with GEC is that I live to damn close to the place!! I snag a lot of Queen made knives which so far outnumber the GEC.
You have a real nice set of knives there.
Thank you. Yes, I too was bit by the gun bug in the late 1990's. 30 years old before I owned my first -- a shotgun -- for trap shoots. It's insane the money one can have in them -- and ammo. For the first time in my life, last year I sold 10 guns -- no worry, still have a bunch, but wanted to get down to some essentials as we downsize for retirement in a few years. This led to me picking back up on the knife hobby -- in a profound way. At least the knives are small, display easily.
Robert
Washington, IL (near Peoria)
"Always keep an edge on your knife 'cause a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life." - Corb Lund
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

A lot of really nice ones in the group. Congratulations!

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”