Where are the Traditional Series made?

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Fisher

Where are the Traditional Series made?

Post by Fisher »

In the market for a trapper model knife and leaning towards Case, but the Boker Traditional Series has caught my eye. They are advertised as German manufacture however the price isn't typical of their other products. Could it be assembled in Germany from Chinese components?

Difficult to get a straight answer from their advertisements and descriptions. Does anyone here know for sure?

Thanks
robpa

Re: Where are the Traditional Series made?

Post by robpa »

The 2022 catalog in front of me shows the TS series made in solingen. Priced @$52.95
Arbolitos are from Argentina, Boker plus are Taiwan, China & USA., magnums are overseas so ???,
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I think Boker is intentionally not straightforward with this. It is my understanding that they are assembled from Chinese components in Germany.

However, I do not believe they are 100% made in Germany, which several dealers and distributors seem to claim. As I understand, the requirements for "Made in Germany" are a little loose, meaning assembly/finishing work allows it to be marked "MADE IN GERMANY" even if the parts don't come from there.

It irks me that the more moderately priced Solingen Bokers were mostly discontinued. I've been buying every inexpensive, but affordable one I can find.
robpa

Post by robpa »

From their catalog:
Boker Solingen...Solingen Germany
Boker traditional...assembled in China, finished in Germany
Boker Arboliti,, Buenos aires, Argentina
Boker plus,,China, Taiwan and USA
Justin brand,, China, Taiwan
Fox,, Italy
Black Fox,, China
Boker Magnum,, Chin

Pretty much if youd like to send part of your purchase money to the communist party, who would like to bury you, go boker.
As much as I dislike new Case knives, They are AMERICAN.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Found this BOKER, Argentina "sodbuster" type today in Parsonburg, MD. Blade etched "TREE BRAND" Tang stamped "High Carbon". Nice, solid and tight little knife. Think it'll be my EDC for a while.. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_5155.jpg
IMG_5156.jpg

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”