Questions about old Boker with an acorn shield.

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
msteele6

Questions about old Boker with an acorn shield.

Post by msteele6 »

The question I have is, did Boker ever use steel end pins with German silver bolsters?

I mostly collect American made knives but I couldn't resist this one. I know that Carl Tillmans took many cutlers from Boker to Remington when Remington began manufacturing and I've always thought that he probably took the acorn shield also. The best I've been able to figure this knife was made in the 1920's. The blades are a slim clip and a spey.

I know that some German (and Sheffield) manufacturers did use steel pins with nickel silver but I don't know about Boker.

Thanks in advance for any comments ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_3404.jpg
IMG_3405.jpg
IMG_3406.jpg
IMG_3407.jpg
IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg
IMG_3410.jpg
IMG_3411.jpg
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Questions about old Boker with an acorn shield.

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

msteele6 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 pm The question I have is, did Boker ever use steel end pins with German silver bolsters?

I mostly collect American made knives but I couldn't resist this one. I know that Carl Tillmans took many cutlers from Boker to Remington when Remington began manufacturing and I've always thought that he probably took the acorn shield also. The best I've been able to figure this knife was made in the 1920's. The blades are a slim clip and a spey.

I know that some German (and Sheffield) manufacturers did use steel pins with nickel silver but I don't know about Boker.

Thanks in advance for any comments ::tu::
Sorry, I missed seeing this post and would have responded sooner if I had. I looked thru my Bokers to see if any of them had nickle silver bolsters with steel pins, and yes, some of them do. While I dont have a neat old acorn shielded one like yours, I have a few on hand to check.

Boker campers, top is a 7593 with ns bolsters and steel pins, bottom is stainless 182 with ns bolsters and pins
IMG_4450.JPG
2 Boker congress, ns bolsters and pins
IMG_4451.JPG
Boker jack, ns bolsters and pins
IMG_4452.JPG
Boker made Henckels whittler with ns bolsters and steel pins
IMG_4453.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”