Boker Blade Etches

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Mason

Re: Boker Blade Etches

Post by Mason »

XX Case XX wrote:
Mason wrote:Here are just a few of the neat blade etches that Boker used.
Mason:

First of all, what a beautiful collection of Boker's you have there. I don't own any Boker knives but I am very impressed by yours.

Second, on the top knife, there appears to be 4 numbers written on the blade: 7473. Would you happen to know what those numbers mean? Could that knife have been a "Salesmen's Sample" or something to that effect?

peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Also many of the Boker etches are reversed etches.Something rarely seen in old American made knives.
Roger
wlf

Post by wlf »

Mason wrote:One for wlf... :)
Thanks, I had these in mind when I patterned my etch . As a matter of fact, I downloaded these images, probably all from Roger R.
Attachments
Tree Brand etch. 1  JPG.JPG
Tree Brand etch. 2  JPG.JPG
Tree Brand etch. 3  JPG.JPG
Tree Brand etch.JPG
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Very impressive knives being shown here. The new Boker book contains all the tang stamps from 1828 thru 1983.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”