Brokers on ebay

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Lakelife

Brokers on ebay

Post by Lakelife »

I have purchased 4 bokers tree brand new all said they were made in Germany off ebay. But I have noticed a lot made in china . . So is boker having knives made in china? Because some bokers are really high priced and then you gave the cheap ones.
Eye Brand Man

Re: Brokers on ebay

Post by Eye Brand Man »

The one's that are "made in Germany"with the Germany shield are supposedly assembled in Germany from china parts. These are the cheaper Tree Brands. The "real" Tree Brands will have Solingen stamped on them and have a Solingen shield, these typically are more expensive. Basically the china parts ones are in the 30-35 dollar range and the "real" one's are 50-60.
Eye Brand Collector
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here's your answer, from another recent post in the Boker Studies forum. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=59867#p693293

Basically the same as stated above by Eye Brand Man, with more detail.

Ken
rangerbluedog wrote: The only way to be certain you have a Solingen made knife is the tang stamp is marked Solingen - or the shield nowadays. For some low-cost knives Boker has sourced semi-finished materials from Asia, which they are selling under the name of the "traditional" series. There is some level of finishing in Germany, but evidently not enough to legally claim the "SOLINGEN" stamp. These have a shield marked "GERMANY" under the tree. They sell in the $30 price range, so if you see a new Boker knife that cheap, look closely!
The BOKER PLUS knives are usually not made in Solingen, but they are making new and exciting patterns under this name brand, and partnering with popular designers. The youngsters seem to like these. BOKER MAGNUM knives are Asian made, and are definitely not for the collector crowd - they are primarily cheap user knives.
I hope this helps!
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
just bob

Post by just bob »

What ever happened to truth in advertising?
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

[quote="just bob"]What ever happened to truth in advertising?[/quot}

I don't think there has ever been such a thing!! There is more lying in advertising today than ever.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Lakelife

Post by Lakelife »

Thank you . I will check mine to see . I may be between 35.00 and 40.00 the last one sort of thing . They look good . I looked for the china sign but never found that . I will have a better look . I just want to thank you all again for your expertise.
Lakelife

Post by Lakelife »

I looked at two of the 5 I bought and no China anywhere box says Germany. No SOLINGEN" stamp. So ain't a bad knife for 30.00 to 40.00 maybe?
Attachments
20190102_231842.jpg
20190102_231957.jpg
20190102_232030.jpg
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I am (or was) thinking about buying this knife; BOKER TREE BRAND Jigged Black Bone Congress Pocket Knives 110722 Knife.

I am glad I read the comments here. Now it looks like that $28 price is because it is not a %100 German made knife and to be honest I would rather have a %100 German made Boker for the extra cost. That being said for $28 the one I listed above might be a good "use and abuse, don't worry about losing EDC knife" if you don't care about the not all original statues.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Lakelife wrote:I looked at two of the 5 I bought and no China anywhere box says Germany. No SOLINGEN" stamp. So ain't a bad knife for 30.00 to 40.00 maybe?
This knife has a "chinese" look to it.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

These are definitely made from Chinese parts. However, as has been pointed out before on a different thread, they still have a lifetime warranty. As do Boker Plus and Magnum knives.
As far as honesty goes Boker has been doing this for a pretty long time. People in the know have been aware of it, but many are not. I think many EBay sellers simply don’t know the difference. Price will tell you everything in this case.
Plus, honestly, you have a good knife there, may not be collectible but it’s great for using.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

It does look like a pretty good knife and one I could use and abuse without feeling bad about beating up a $65 collectible one. I do landscaping/handyman work and I use a knife everyday (I carry a well used Case 3254 trapper right now) I wrote the Ebay seller of Boker Tree Brand Congress asking where it was made and I received this response:

Yes, this is original Boker We're not sure where this is made. Some sellers described made in Germany. But some also said made in China. That's why we cannot describe where this is made.

We think it's like Puma SGB, material made in Germany but assembly in China.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”