Boker USA Cattle knife

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Boker USA Cattle knife

Post by Colonel26 »

This one arrived today. Boker USA rough black, spear, spey, and pen. All the blades are full, and it has that snap heard across the room. I haven’t cleaned it up, but it’s not too bad.

I’ve really become drawn to the cattle knives of late and this is my second Boker USA cattle knife. I’m afraid that signals another collection starting. ::facepalm::

Am I right in thinking it’s from the 40’s ish?
9B214E88-9A4B-4A75-8D8D-6AB4B6F46FE2.jpeg
CA7007E5-B3FB-4D4E-AC04-F9BFC406A5DC.jpeg
B154A6E7-3916-4AD4-BCE6-08F435EF9696.jpeg
Attachments
E894CAC7-FBC5-4E04-A653-1928E669F01C.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
rangerbluedog

Re: Boker USA Cattle knife

Post by rangerbluedog »

I think you're probably right on the date range Colonel. Boker USA started using their "synthetic stag handle" in the 1940s, through the 1950s.
They stopped making the cattle pattern in the 1940s though. The steel in those old Boker USA knives is excellent!
A word of advice on those handles - don't wash them in hot water. They will definitely shrink.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

rangerbluedog wrote:I think you're probably right on the date range Colonel. Boker USA started using their "synthetic stag handle" in the 1940s, through the 1950s.
They stopped making the cattle pattern in the 1940s though. The steel in those old Boker USA knives is excellent!
A word of advice on those handles - don't wash them in hot water. They will definitely shrink.
Thank you! I’ll definitely remember that about the hot water. And I agree about the steel, this one took a real nice edge.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congratulations Wade, a good looking knife in good shape. Keep us posted on your new additions (or is it addictions?). :lol: ::tu:: ::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

doglegg wrote:Congratulations Wade, a good looking knife in good shape. Keep us posted on your new additions (or is it addictions?). :lol: ::tu:: ::tu::
Will do! I haven’t really been buying any of late. But I saw this one floating around in the bay and for $18 and change shipped I succumbed to temptation.
Robert E. Lee
black mamba

Post by black mamba »

Here is a 1930s vintage Boker cattle knife in butter & molasses celluloid. Stamped only Boker, still I believe at that time made in USA.
BokerCattlmanOpen.jpg
BokerCattlmanPile.jpg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:D ::tu::
:shock: ::drool:: :D ::tu:: ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”