Sweet "KING CUTTER" Etched H. Boker

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
ratlesnake75

Sweet "KING CUTTER" Etched H. Boker

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, I havent been able to buy the new Boker book that is available YET!

I could use some HELP on identifying the approximate YEARS this particular knife was made? Thank you Kindly in Advance for the Help

I am at loss to understand how to date the H.Boker & Co's Improved stampings according to Knife World's Article on Boker Stampings,,,It just doesnt make sense too me yet, lol.
IMG_0013 (2)3.JPG
IMG_0013 (2)3.JPG (37.45 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
Attachments
IMG_6671.JPG
IMG_6673.JPG
IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6684.JPG
IMG_6686.JPG
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Sweet "KING CUTTER" Etched H. Boker

Post by Old Folder »

Hello Mark;
I have some information for you pertaining to your above question(s). I do not know if it will answer your questions, perhaps another member with Boker knowledge will help.
I know that Boker history can be a challenge.
The below information is from the 2018 Boker Book by: Neal Punchard & Ricky Ray. It is a very beautiful and detailed book on Boker history, past and present, and yes I would recommend that you purchase it.
I received mine earlier this year.
img061.jpg
The below "Boker Tang Stamps Chart" is the latest chart Revision I received via USPS from Neal & Ricky a few weeks after I received the book and is meant to replace page #157 from their original listing in their book.
img060.jpg
Here are some current shields posted in the book.
img062.jpg
img063.jpg
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Mark, that is a beautiful old knife, love the horn coloration on the mark side handle? ::tu:: Sorry, I have no further dating info beyond what Old Folder has given. Edited to add: I just looked at the etches in the Boker book. There were two different King Kutter etches used, yours is the first one and the date given is 1909. The "King Kutter" on your knife looks more like a stamp than an etch?
Dan
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

Beautiful knife and horn pattern. I have never seen a vintage King Cutter before, only the more modern ones that were released a few years back in washboard bone. The tree stamp on both blades is lovely. Normally on the vintage Boker's I have seen it on just one. My guess is it's right on the money at late 1920s to early 1930s. Seems like after the 1930s the buffalo horn was slowly phased out.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow, i love a saber ground spear point blade and this entire knife is a total beauty. Mark you find great knives !
kj
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Thank you ALL for the thoughts on this knife! I sure love the unusual "spear point" blade too.
Also, Thank you very much "Old Folder" for the images of the Boker book revisions. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, Cant thank you enough Sir
Happy Holidays Everyone
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”