this razor made by Boker?

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
alfa5069

this razor made by Boker?

Post by alfa5069 »

Hi Guys,
I got this razor and like to know about it. Is this razor made by Boker, the tang stamp looks like Boker.
Does anyone any clue?
Thanks.
photo_2020-08-04_21-17-48.jpg
photo_2020-08-04_21-17-48 (3).jpg
photo_2020-08-04_21-17-49.jpg
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: this razor made by Boker?

Post by Papa Bones »

Not sure about the Boker Tree logo, but The Mab Co. was originally established in England. But there was also an American Distribution established. There is a possibility that The MAB Co. may have contracted Boker to produce some of their blades. It is well known of the quality of Boker's straight razors that were produced in Solingen Germany.

You may find this interesting.
https://www.shavelibrary.com/w/Mab_Co.,_The

Also
The Mab SR.jpg
Mab co US.JPG
MAB info.JPG
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

It's definitely the vintage Boker tree stamp. I have to say that case it comes with is very nice.
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

Thank you so much Papa for sharing your valuable info.
You think how old it is?
Papa Bones wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:17 pm Not sure about the Boker Tree logo, but The Mab Co. was originally established in England. But there was also an American Distribution established. There is a possibility that The MAB Co. may have contracted Boker to produce some of their blades. It is well known of the quality of Boker's straight razors that were produced in Solingen Germany.

You may find this interesting.
https://www.shavelibrary.com/w/Mab_Co.,_The

Also

The Mab SR.jpg
Mab co US.JPG
MAB info.JPG
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

Glad to know! Thank you.
Do you now how much the razor worth with the case?
RevolverGuy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm It's definitely the vintage Boker tree stamp. I have to say that case it comes with is very nice.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

alfa5069 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:05 pm Thank you so much Papa for sharing your valuable info.
You think how old it is?
Not really sure. But since the dates listed for the company is 1890's to 1920, you know it is 1920 or before. I've been researching for the last couple of days, but can't find much more on the original company. I've searched past auctions on Ebay, with not many listed. The few I found that did sell was in the $25 to $30 range. Unfortunately when an item that is not of a well known manufacture with a history or provenance, it usually does not bring a high value. Yours is a nice looking razor with a unique box and tang stamp. My recommendation would be to hang on to it for a while, maybe someone with more information and more knowledge than I may come along with better info.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it :)
Papa Bones wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:40 am
alfa5069 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:05 pm Thank you so much Papa for sharing your valuable info.
You think how old it is?
Not really sure. But since the dates listed for the company is 1890's to 1920, you know it is 1920 or before. I've been researching for the last couple of days, but can't find much more on the original company. I've searched past auctions on Ebay, with not many listed. The few I found that did sell was in the $25 to $30 range. Unfortunately when an item that is not of a well known manufacture with a history or provenance, it usually does not bring a high value. Yours is a nice looking razor with a unique box and tang stamp. My recommendation would be to hang on to it for a while, maybe someone with more information and more knowledge than I may come along with better info.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Cool! I'd get that scale fixed, send it out to Glen of Gemstar Customs for a professional sharpening, and use it!
I have a Boker straight razor and it gives a great shave.

Glen is a great guy to do business with.

And shaving sharp on a razor is a whole lot sharper than shaving sharp on a pocket knife!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

Thanks Steve for your recommendation.
The problem is I live in Canada!
Steve Warden wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:32 am Cool! I'd get that scale fixed, send it out to Glen of Gemstar Customs for a professional sharpening, and use it!
I have a Boker straight razor and it gives a great shave.

Glen is a great guy to do business with.

And shaving sharp on a razor is a whole lot sharper than shaving sharp on a pocket knife!

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”