Boker handles question

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
jwwood

Boker handles question

Post by jwwood »

Picked up this USA Boker with pattern number 6006. I can't decide if handles are bone or synthetic. Help me out. Also when did they quit making the USA Boker?
Attachments
100_4956.JPG
100_4959.JPG
Doc B

Re: Boker handles question

Post by Doc B »

If you have magnification...go outside, in good lighting and look at the edges. Bone has haversion canals, that pick up the dye and appear as specks, in the bone. Synthetic, will be uniformly dyed. Scroll down to the bottom, of this thread, to see the differences in bone and delrin.
viewtopic.php?t=58348
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I think they quit making USA Bokers in 1983. However, there are Solingen-made Bokers with "BOKER USA" tang stamps that were made with old USA parts up until well into the 1990s--and quality varies a lot. My Granddad has an Electrician with the hawkbill blade--and it's a POS. I have a regular 9229 with the spear-point blade and the tell-tale screwdriver with the nail nick near the tip (which is how Iearned from here you can ID a German-made 9229), and it's as good as if not a little better than the USA model I lost
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Bone.
Eye Brand Collector
jwwood

Post by jwwood »

Thanks everybody. I'm still trying to decide. Great information from you guys and I appreciate it.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”