Dessert Warriors

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Dessert Warriors

Post by 1967redrider »

Yep, that's Dessert, not Desert. And these things went faster than a box of donuts at the Precinct. Anyone happen to get one? They were reasonably priced while they lasted, probably should have pulled the trigger when I saw them. ::mdm::
Attachments
Screenshot_20201211-140329.png
Screenshot_20201214-214409.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Re: Dessert Warriors

Post by cody6268 »

These are weird, but kinda neat at the same time.

On the store here (and I think it still is) there was a left-handed black Kalashnikov here recently for about $50. Aside from the fact the law is kinda murky here concerning autos (but I do know law enforcement doesn't pay attention to or care about what you're carrying here--as long as you're not doing anything illegal), I don't see why I did not buy it. I am left-handed myself, and left-handed models of ANYTHING seem hard to find. Most people dont' buy them; as it's basically "good luck" trying to sell it. I know a guy who has been trying to sell a left-handed Spyderco Paramilitary 2 for over a year on another forum. And, owning a Para 3 myself, its regular compression lock works fine left or right handed.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:57 am Yep, that's Dessert, not Desert. And these things went faster than a box of donuts at the Precinct. Anyone happen to get one? They were reasonably priced while they lasted, probably should have pulled the trigger when I saw them. ::mdm::
I love this knife, unfortunately, Ca limits my automatic carry to under 2". :x
Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

cody6268 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:23 am These are weird, but kinda neat at the same time.

On the store here (and I think it still is) there was a left-handed black Kalashnikov here recently for about $50. Aside from the fact the law is kinda murky here concerning autos (but I do know law enforcement doesn't pay attention to or care about what you're carrying here--as long as you're not doing anything illegal), I don't see why I did not buy it. I am left-handed myself, and left-handed models of ANYTHING seem hard to find. Most people dont' buy them; as it's basically "good luck" trying to sell it. I know a guy who has been trying to sell a left-handed Spyderco Paramilitary 2 for over a year on another forum. And, owning a Para 3 myself, its regular compression lock works fine left or right handed.
I never knew they made a wrong handed version! My middle boy is a lefty and you’re right, sometimes left handed stuff I’d hard to come by. I’ll have to look for one of those for the boy!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am
cody6268 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:23 am These are weird, but kinda neat at the same time.

I never knew they made a wrong handed version! My middle boy is a lefty and you’re right, sometimes left handed stuff I’d hard to come by. I’ll have to look for one of those for the boy!
Check out grindworx.com they probably have some left hand ones
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

samb1955 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:55 am
Colonel26 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am

Check out grindworx.com they probably have some left hand ones
Thank you. After posting that I decided to just as Dr. Google. I found a place that had them on a good sale, and the wife ordered him one for Christmas.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”