Gun Show Find Boker Plus Cage

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
scagel

Gun Show Find Boker Plus Cage

Post by scagel »

It didn't cost much so I bought it, not knowing anything about it. Turns out, it's a heck of a knife. 4xx/1000. Titanium handles, D2 blade, frame lock and pocket clip. A 'slip joint' knife that has the factory edge. Made where? No country of origin as far as I can see..Not what I normally carry but it has 'grown' on me..
Attachments
DSC_2721.JPG
DSC_2722.JPG
DSC_2723.JPG
DSC_2724.JPG
DSC_2725.JPG
cody6268

Re: Gun Show Find Boker Plus Cage

Post by cody6268 »

The "CAGE" number is a CAGE code, which is somewhat similar to an NSN, Because of that, and because it's a Boker Plus that sounds to me like it may have been, at one point, what CountyComm would have offered. Because they do business with the government/military in addition to the public, they have several products marked with a CAGE code. They tend to have several Boker Plus exclusives, usually upgraded versions of catalog models. I have one small, inexpensive model, called the Stub, which is basically the DW-1 with a D2 instead of AUS-8 steel blade and a bright orange handle, and some of the stainless steel frame components on the DW-1 are titanium on the Stub. I do business with them a lot (usually for watch bands and the pry tools) and get their emails, so I'm familiar with a lot of the stuff they sell.

I believe the model may be the Gent XL. As for the country of origin, my guess is Taiwan or China; with my money on the former as it's a higher-priced offering. Boker seems to also be avoiding country or origin, just listing "Asia" on the DW-1. Looks really sleek! I've been considering this model, but there are several knives in that price range from the USA, Germany, and Japan that I like better.

https://countycomm.com/collections/cutt ... -exclusive
kootenay joe

Re: Gun Show Find Boker Plus Cage

Post by kootenay joe »

Is "CountyComm" a knife dealer ? Anything special about them ?
kj

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”