93 yellow synthetic

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Hesmikeb

93 yellow synthetic

Post by Hesmikeb »

I only have a few tree brand knives and have always liked them but don't know much about how to date them at all. I grabbed this one today for $12 at a little antique store. It's in great shape, doesn't look like it's ever been sharpened. I have one in a different pattern but with a similar blade etch that I got for my birthday in the late 80s...but anyway just wanted to share my new to me knife here....I really like it.

Any info will be appreciated.
MB
Attachments
20210814_163954.jpg
20210814_163929.jpg
20210814_163855.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 93 yellow synthetic

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Mike, here’s a link to the info you’re wanting. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... sf=msgonly

For future reference here’s how to find it. From the AAPK Forum home page > Knife Related Q&A > Tang Stamps Charts. Tang Stamps Charts is a “sticky” thread at the top of the threads. Open it, type the brand you are looking for (in this case, Böker) in the search box, and click the little magnifier icon beside the box. That will take you to posts containing tang stamps for the brand you are searching for. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Hesmikeb

Post by Hesmikeb »

Hey Ken! Thanks!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The bright yellow handles might be celluloid which some German manufacturers used up until about 2000 ? Remove handles promptly if any signs of off gassing show up.
kj
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

We had a fella ,, Justold52 that would have tried to get that one from ya
He was a yellow handle Freak !!!
He must have passed away cause I have not seen any of his posts for years
A real character he was !!!

Stag
Hesmikeb

Post by Hesmikeb »

Well, here's to Justold52...wherever he is I hope he's happy and doing well.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

stagman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:36 am We had a fella ,, Justold52 that would have tried to get that one from ya
He was a yellow handle Freak !!!
He must have passed away cause I have not seen any of his posts for years
A real character he was !!!

Stag
Yeah, those handles are celluloid; you can see the darkening in certain places and of course the beautiful color that they can't do in Delrin. Just Old's last posts concerned his house burning down with his knives in there. I think he may have gone into a rest home or perhaps he is with us no more. I liked that guy.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”