BOKER "Socked It To Me"

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

BOKER "Socked It To Me"

Post by Old Folder »

Give them all you’ve got; strike the final blow. This expression dates from Mark Twain’s day, and indeed he used it in "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" which is an 1889 novel by American humorist and writer Mark Twain. (Great book by the way, a must read.)
The Yankee (narrator) is describing an argument over comparative prices and salary and says, “I prepared, now, to sock it to him. I said: ‘Look here, dear friend, what’s become of your high wages you were bragging about?’” Although old, the term did not gain wide currency until the 1960s, when a version of it appeared on a popular television show, Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In. Put as sock it to me!, it apparently came from jazz slang and meant “liven things up.” The speaker then encountered a bucket of water over the head, a blow, or some similar attack. Incidentally, the colloquial verb to sock, meaning to strike, dates from about 1700, and its ultimate origin has been lost.

We have all heard of "Boot Knives". I now pleasantly present aapk members with "Sock Knives!"

I could not resist the temptation of not purchasing these Boker Socks, so I did.
A must for every knife fan and guaranteed not to be against California State Knife Laws. (Made in Portugal.)

Boker socks.jpg
https://www.bokerusa.com/socks-set-large-09bo199?c=228

Or perhaps these would be better?
Donut Socks.jpg
Dessert Warriors.jpg
Dessert Warriors.jpg

I was fortunate to be home and at my computer, reading my daily paper and having my ritual "First Cup morning Java" when BladeHQ sent me a message informing me that they had restocked the Kalashnikov "Dessert Warrior" knives a couple weeks ago. Luckily, I was capable of snatching my four above pictured knives. 2.5" & 3.25" blade lengths. They sold out within minutes and BladeHQ website froze up just after I made it to the "Basket".
I have friends in my free Republican birth State of Indiana who forwarded them to me in my Democratic State of California where I can only purchase and or carry an Automatic knife with a blade length under 2 inches.

Inside rumor information advised me that "Boker" will not be making any more "Donut Dessert Warriors" (Not in this color that is.) However, Boker may have a "White Kalashnikov "Dessert Warrior" in the works. Why not? Boker has made a financial jackpot from these, even though they are (were) produced in Taiwan.
Secondary market prices for these are over $200.00 at some auction sites. Higher than GECs.

Now, I have no immediate plans to EDC either one of these extremely dangerous and illegal weapons here in California, however if the temptation goes above my law abiding common sense and I decided to possibly have my picture within your local Post Office as one of the ten "America's Most Wanted" FBI lists', I would by all means remember to wear my "Donut Socks" for if I were to be pulled over and searched by any California Police officers for some unknown reason, all I would have to do was to "flash" my Donut socks to the investigating officer, they would most likely die from laughter and inform me to "Get out of here!"

Yes, I have reached a higher level of "Knife obsession!" My Boker Knife Socks will wear well with my "GEC" Cutlery hat, my "SMKW" Sasquatch t-shirt and "SMKW" Sasquatch Bar Soap.
Soap.jpg

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BOKER "Socked It To Me"

Post by 1967redrider »

That's pretty wild, Dan. Not sure if that would be my cup o' tea but very clever none the less. I guess this is why the Sheriff deputies have people raise their pants legs during the screening process of entering the Courthouse. 😉

BTW- someone makes a Kydex neck knife scabbard for those Boker autos.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Socks, donuts, and soap… this is one strange posting, even for California at 3:50 in the morning. So let me get this straight OF. You are saying that a knife I can buy in a myriad of different handles for about $50 is worth $200 if those handles are pink and decorated with donut sprinkles? The knife hobby is becoming more like Bitcoin and Non-Fungible Tokens every day. ::paranoid:: ::oh_my::

I think it’s time to go back to a traditional hobby that never gets crazy, like collecting stamps and coins. Whoops, never mind.

Dennis
Attachments
00365E30-A438-40C5-9212-4FCC3B7BC414.jpeg
00365E30-A438-40C5-9212-4FCC3B7BC414.jpeg (49.42 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
7D8BEDA8-5144-4A84-8D2A-5707DF60F5C9.jpeg
7D8BEDA8-5144-4A84-8D2A-5707DF60F5C9.jpeg (64.83 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Old Folder, Dennis, you fellows should be on stage. Good stuff. Sock it to me indeed. ::tounge:: ::tounge::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Case socked it to me, Dan. ::super_happy::
Attachments
IMG_20210902_175533731.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Old Folder wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:50 am Give them all you’ve got; strike the final blow. This expression dates from Mark Twain’s day, and indeed he used it in "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" which is an 1889 novel by American humorist and writer Mark Twain. (Great book by the way, a must read.)
The Yankee (narrator) is describing an argument over comparative prices and salary and says, “I prepared, now, to sock it to him. I said: ‘Look here, dear friend, what’s become of your high wages you were bragging about?’” Although old, the term did not gain wide currency until the 1960s, when a version of it appeared on a popular television show, Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In. Put as sock it to me!, it apparently came from jazz slang and meant “liven things up.” The speaker then encountered a bucket of water over the head, a blow, or some similar attack. Incidentally, the colloquial verb to sock, meaning to strike, dates from about 1700, and its ultimate origin has been lost.

We have all heard of "Boot Knives". I now pleasantly present aapk members with "Sock Knives!"

I could not resist the temptation of not purchasing these Boker Socks, so I did.
A must for every knife fan and guaranteed not to be against California State Knife Laws. (Made in Portugal.)

Boker socks.jpg
https://www.bokerusa.com/socks-set-large-09bo199?c=228

Or perhaps these would be better?

Donut Socks.jpgDessert Warriors.jpgDessert Warriors.jpg

I was fortunate to be home and at my computer, reading my daily paper and having my ritual "First Cup morning Java" when BladeHQ sent me a message informing me that they had restocked the Kalashnikov "Dessert Warrior" knives a couple weeks ago. Luckily, I was capable of snatching my four above pictured knives. 2.5" & 3.25" blade lengths. They sold out within minutes and BladeHQ website froze up just after I made it to the "Basket".
I have friends in my free Republican birth State of Indiana who forwarded them to me in my Democratic State of California where I can only purchase and or carry an Automatic knife with a blade length under 2 inches.

Inside rumor information advised me that "Boker" will not be making any more "Donut Dessert Warriors" (Not in this color that is.) However, Boker may have a "White Kalashnikov "Dessert Warrior" in the works. Why not? Boker has made a financial jackpot from these, even though they are (were) produced in Taiwan.
Secondary market prices for these are over $200.00 at some auction sites. Higher than GECs.

Now, I have no immediate plans to EDC either one of these extremely dangerous and illegal weapons here in California, however if the temptation goes above my law abiding common sense and I decided to possibly have my picture within your local Post Office as one of the ten "America's Most Wanted" FBI lists', I would by all means remember to wear my "Donut Socks" for if I were to be pulled over and searched by any California Police officers for some unknown reason, all I would have to do was to "flash" my Donut socks to the investigating officer, they would most likely die from laughter and inform me to "Get out of here!"

Yes, I have reached a higher level of "Knife obsession!" My Boker Knife Socks will wear well with my "GEC" Cutlery hat, my "SMKW" Sasquatch t-shirt and "SMKW" Sasquatch Bar Soap.

Soap.jpg

Dan
Dan,

Socks? Outside of wedlock? HOW COULD YOU?! ::mdm:: ::facepalm::

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”