Queen #44 and variants. Which models single blade?

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
MTHall720

Queen #44 and variants. Which models single blade?

Post by MTHall720 »

I got a knife off an auction site which is a really large, hefty, single blade folding hunter (I think that is what some call them). I got one where someone did not treat it well and I can't make out the model number but think it is a 44. I think it was from the 60's. I really like it so much that I want to find one like it that is in better shape. Anyone know which model numbers fit the single blade, heavy duty, big pocket knife?

Thanks in advance.
bdev

Re: Queen #44 and variants. Which models single blade?

Post by bdev »

The Queen single blade folding hunter is the #44 pattern. The 2 blade is the #39.
Both measure 5 1/4" closed.
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
MTHall720

Post by MTHall720 »

bdev wrote:The Queen single blade folding hunter is the #44 pattern. The 2 blade is the #39.
Thanks very much. Do you know if there are any other single blade models which have different handle/scale materials but otherwise the same dimensions, etc. of model 44?
bdev

Post by bdev »

MTHall720 wrote:
bdev wrote:The Queen single blade folding hunter is the #44 pattern. The 2 blade is the #39.
Thanks very much. Do you know if there are any other single blade models which have different handle/scale materials but otherwise the same dimensions, etc. of model 44?
This info from Queens website might help you.
http://www.queencutlery.com/uploads/Mod ... 0-2015.pdf
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
MTHall720

Post by MTHall720 »

That is very helpful. Thanks very much!
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

MTHall720 wrote:
.............Camillus #6(1 blade), #26(2 blade)............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............................

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”